Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Honda shop and checked out the new bikes. That's all I used to do in the wintertime when I lived back in Pittsburgh.

Anyway, they had an RC51 parked right next to a CBR1000RR on the showroom floor, so I got to look at both of them, side-by-side, which was great because I'm considering each for my next bike.

So I expected the RC to be a lot bigger to the RR, but I was surprised to see that it wasn't. It was not quite as narrow as the CBR, but it really wasn't that much bigger overall.

I would love to have both bikes, but I'm still leaning towards the RC51. I even came up with several reasons to justify owning both of them, but common sense took over. I was telling myself all kinds of crazy things like "Both of them combined would still cost less than a new Ducati 999" and "Everybody needs a street bike (RC51) and a bike for track days(1000RR)"...but I left before talking myself into something stupid... :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I think so. Performance Honda. Used to be called Redden Honda I think. To be honest, I can't remember. :eek: :lol:

Guess I'm getting old. Plus, that weekend was kind of a blur, Shan...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I love spendin time in the bike shops..just window shoppin, dreaming, droolin..whatever the case may be...I try every way possible to rationalize takin home a new ride..then I realize the other half would throw me out on my ear if I did! :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ShanMan14 said:
You don't remember the great times riding in the back of the Rendezvous? :lol:
Sure. That much I remember. I was showing you and Tatum some of the neighborhoods around town. Problem was, I don't really know that many neighborhoods, and I kept dozing off in the back seat! :lol:

If I remember correctly, I had just flown in from Pittsburgh early that Sunday morning, and I had been at a party the night before, until about 2:30 AM. :eek: I think I got about an hour and a half worth of sleep on the plane, and that was it... :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
This winter I plan on being in the shop as much as poss. I have a few things I will be doing to the bike over the winter to make it daster for spring. :dthumb:

I would go with the RC51 byt that is just me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
I would go with the RC51.
I'm going to. I've wanted one ever since it first came out. They likely won't give me very much for my trade-in (even though it's MINT with only 6100 miles), so I'll probably just end up keeping it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
BOTH are awesome machines. I, personally, would ride the 1000RR on the street and the RC51 on the track though. The RC is an awesome track machine. Though, IMHO, more than what's needed for track days. Very powerful bikes are much more difficult to ride on the track well. Throttle control when in and exiting corners becomes a HUGE must compared to a 600...

Anyway, you can't go wrong with either!

And, the Repsol scheme. WOW!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I go to the shops all the time too. I think you got it backwards though. . RR for the street, RC51 for the track. lol

I've got a couple buddies that race, one works for the a Honda/Suzuki dealer out here. Although they typically race the 600 class, one of them swears the 51 is the best bike out there going in the litre class for a true track bike. To each their own though. I want one, but my skills aren't to the point where I can justify getting one.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stevnmd said:
BOTH are awesome machines. I, personally, would ride the 1000RR on the street and the RC51 on the track though. The RC is an awesome track machine.
Pigface1 said:
I go to the shops all the time too. I think you got it backwards though. . RR for the street, RC51 for the track. lol
Maybe. Like I said, I was just trying to talk myself into both of them. I didn't say my rationale was well-thought-out! :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I just used the rationale that Honda switched its Superbike program from the RC51 to the CBR1000RR, and also that a lot of the RR's features have trickled down from the RC211V GP bike.

Either one would be a great track-day mount, IMO. A 600RR would be, too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The problem with the RC-51 (My last bike, BTW) is that the suspension is straight crap out of the box. You'd be better off finding yourself an Aprilia Mille R that's been sitting on the showroom for a couple of years. It's not that hard to do.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I'd love to have a 1000RR..great all around bike that would go just as well on the street as the track! hey, why dont u get an RR for the street, and by another RR for the track! :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Both great bikes!!!

Ace should cue in a bit, he owns a RC51!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.