Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now seriously...

Did you know that smilies as corny as they may be actually help tell the story correctly?

:readng:

It is true... this is not one of the those "As seen on TV" commercials. This is FOR REAL!

The true problem lies in the lack of subtle emotion. During a recent case study of nothing but ourselves locked into a room with Tates Whore of a Ex-Wife :bonk: we realized something very strange was happening. Not only when we were posting did she come up in every poll throughout the forum. But we under constant irritation forgot to put smilies in some of our posts. Many got upset with us and called us fools! I spent a whole 3.64 seconds like :cry: cause I didn't understand. :scratch: I was just joking! Didn't they know! :skep:

Come to find out with the case study that we didn't submit to Yale University that we weren't using smilies and therefor our intent of joking went un-recognized. NO SERIOUS! Nobody else got it. :flush: OK... so that's a pushing it. Marko understood but he smokes dope like my grandma and that says alot! Remind me and I'll show you later why!

Let's give a few examples so we all are on the same page.

Smilies like :lol: will tell someone that you are joking and don't really mean to call them a "tart". With out the smilie it could be conceived as personal attack. But clearly not the issue with the smilie amungst friendly jabs. :dthumb:

Now if I tell Shanman14, the TWF commander in chief, that he needs to fly a kite! Who knows what will happen! We might see him log out and head to Toys R Us when really if I added a :lol: :hug: he'd understand I was joking and not take away 20,000 of my over 30,000 posts. Or I put in a little :cursin: :tt: :bash: :flush: and he'll then know I want him to leave this place of joy he made for us! Either way there would be NO CONFUSION with a smilie! :dthumb:

Many times we are really just trying to :jacked: a thread cause its like a TWF Tradition that secretly RaeRR has been trying to stop with her bueaty. :drool: But its hard to stop the ultimate smilie :twfrox: So with this in mind use your smilies often and stop her heartless take over from the Mod Corner! Plz! :thx2:

Further, we noticed a scary trend of other smilies trying to take over. The :twfrox: is being attacked by the :whore: and :lock: smilies. But try not too fall into this trap. It could be seen as needless postwhoring.

However, the use of the :chill: &/or :2cents: we found doesn't always calm the calmnest of nerves. So watchout! Smilies are not the end all to forum hostility!

So in the end with your help maybe together we can put a stop to the countless :whore: lives cut short by mis-inturpreted posts due to lack of smilies. If you want to hump somebody like this :lhump: then by all means use the correct smilie. Otherwise they might think you're trying to stalk the person or assasinate them.

Oh and one more thing... if you read up on the Forum Rules you'll find out all kinds of things to prevent with the use of your carefully placed smilies.

Again :thx1: for your time and attention. This message was brought to you by your friendly lack of :yaewn: sleep :whore: moderator. The one and only G to the A to the S Man!

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
i want that :drool:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes this is a important public annoucement. People get in trouble on forums everyday for not using the proper smilie. Its like driving without your seat belt... you're fine till all asuden BAM... you get F'ed!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
great post :nonod: ha :dthumb:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts