Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy a new digital camera ...was wondering if anyone could recommend one.......and what are some good features to look for when buying one????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
ahhhhh i worked in the digital camera section at Circuit city till this past november. how much you looking to spend total. you need 3mp and a good lense is always a plus. but the main thing is how much u looking to spend, cause u need a card an batteries to go along with it. are you looking for rechargable batteries like a cell phone has(lithium) or a camera you can put double AA batteries or rechargeable AA batteries in, lithium last alot longer. do you want a small camera or does it matter. larger cameras will have more zoom(i can show you how much with a pic i took at a dolphins game). all small cameras have likt 3Xoptical which is the standard. dont worry about the digital zoom it sucks and you dont want to use it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
zx636r said:
ahhhhh i worked in the digital camera section at Circuit city till this past november. how much you looking to spend total. you need 3mp and a good lense is always a plus. but the main thing is how much u looking to spend, cause u need a card an batteries to go along with it. are you looking for rechargable batteries like a cell phone has(lithium) or a camera you can put double AA batteries or rechargeable AA batteries in, lithium last alot longer. do you want a small camera or does it matter. larger cameras will have more zoom(i can show you how much with a pic i took at a dolphins game). all small cameras have likt 3Xoptical which is the standard. dont worry about the digital zoom it sucks and you dont want to use it.
iam looking to spend 2 to 300 on it ..i like one of the smaller ones.that way i can carry it along on the bike if i want ..or throw in my pocket or whatever ..lol..the one i have now uses 4 AA and it sucks up the battery life :crazy: .so rechargeable would be nice to have. how good is the hp photosmart ?.was looking at them ..but since u worked with them maybe u know something better in my price range.......i really like the sony cybershot but i think thats out of my price range tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
i will look into it tonite and tommarow and get back to you with what i would do. i would not go with an hp, they make good computers and printers but there camera dept is jsut not the greatest. but 2-3 hundred will get you a pretty descent camera. also i will give you a site that i used to get mine will i was woking at Circuit cause it was cheaper than my discount. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zx636r said:
i will look into it tonite and tommarow and get back to you with what i would do. i would not go with an hp, they make good computers and printers but there camera dept is jsut not the greatest. but 2-3 hundred will get you a pretty descent camera. also i will give you a site that i used to get mine will i was woking at Circuit cause it was cheaper than my discount. lol
cool deal.....thanks for ur help :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
so far i came up with Nikon coolpix 4200 -$249 and you will need an SD card wich will cost around $50 but you can usually find cheaper. this is my #1 pix so far

Sondy DSCP-100 - $300 and dont forget you will need a Memory Stick memory card.

cannon power shot s410 -$250 you will need a CF Memory card

Sony dsc-t1 - $349 at ibuydigital.com and you will need Memory Stick memory card

this is what ifound so far all of them have rechargable lithium batteries that will usually last about 150-200 pics depending on the camera. i found good prices at circuit city.com and ibuydigital.com. you dont have to buy any extra batteries adn they are all pretty small. you will prob want to buy a 15-20 dollar card reader to get the pics off the camera, makes it a whole lot easier unless you have the card reader on the computer already. all are 3x optical and 4-5 Megapixels which is plenty if you want to print a 8x10. all are constructed very will and have good quality lenses on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zx636r said:
so far i came up with Nikon coolpix 4200 -$249 and you will need an SD card wich will cost around $50 but you can usually find cheaper. this is my #1 pix so far

Sondy DSCP-100 - $300 and dont forget you will need a Memory Stick memory card.

cannon power shot s410 -$250 you will need a CF Memory card

Sony dsc-t1 - $349 at ibuydigital.com and you will need Memory Stick memory card

this is what ifound so far all of them have rechargable lithium batteries that will usually last about 150-200 pics depending on the camera. i found good prices at circuit city.com and ibuydigital.com. you dont have to buy any extra batteries adn they are all pretty small. you will prob want to buy a 15-20 dollar card reader to get the pics off the camera, makes it a whole lot easier unless you have the card reader on the computer already. all are 3x optical and 4-5 Megapixels which is plenty if you want to print a 8x10. all are constructed very will and have good quality lenses on them.
awesome !...thanks i will check into those !....and again thanks for ur help :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
your welcome. let me know that you descide. all of them are small and smaller than the HP cameras. if you see any cameras that you like let me know, you also have my AIM name so just give a holler and i will give you an honest answer.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Go with Sony!! And my Sony and even my brothers new 5.0 uses 2 AA batteries. The advantage in this is that if your re-chargable AA's run out you can always slide in some standard AA's. That is the reason. The 2 AA's last quite a bit in both cameras!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
ah ha yes and to defent my lithium batteries. you will run out of pictures to take, meaning you card will get too full b4 the lithium battery goes dead. but yes if you are somewhere where you cant charge it you screwed but my personally i always have electricity unless it goes out. but the newer cameras yes the AA batteries are starting to last a little longer, and that is the rechargeable Nickel medal hydraid or however you spell it batteries.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
y2k4gsxr600 said:
looking to buy a new digital camera ...was wondering if anyone could recommend one.......and what are some good features to look for when buying one????
i donno brands or whatever but we bought a SHARP and it is anything you ever need and it is cheap too!!! i am pleased with it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
zx636r said:
all are 3x optical and 4-5 Megapixels which is plenty if you want to print a 8x10. all are constructed very will and have good quality lenses on them.
As zx hinted at, the more Megapixels, the larger the picture that you can print. Also, the more Megapixels, the farther you can zoom in on a picture that you've taken before it will start to "pix" out and get blurry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
I got Carrie a nice one last year. 3Mp Its pretty nice. Cost $275.00 She will have to tell you about it. She knows more about it then I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I got Carrie a nice one last year. 3Mp Its pretty nice. Cost $275.00 She will have to tell you about it. She knows more about it then I do.

Yep works very nice, and does great pics. However, I am looking into getting a 5mp.... I do LOTS of pics and print them out so I need them to be more clear. I love my digi cam though, I can even do videos on mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
Yep works very nice, and does great pics. However, I am looking into getting a 5mp.... I do LOTS of pics and print them out so I need them to be more clear. I love my digi cam though, I can even do videos on mine.
Take a look at the "pro-sumer" digital SLRs, depending on your budget. They're really starting to come down in price, and they are a world away from the little point and shoot ones.

We upgraded Laura to the Digital Rebel last year (she shoots racing photos at the track) and it's really amazing. If you have a cannon (or Nikon - they also have a new digital SLR) 35mm/SLR film camera with lenses, you can use the lenses. We have a basic 300mm and now a 400mm IS lens for shooting racing.

The big difference is image quality and processing speed. The Rebel is 6.2 megapixel, and can shoot like you're using an autowinder on a film camera even at fast shutter speeds (again, sports needs this). The imaging deivce (CCD) is much, much better than you'll find in the cheaper point and shoot ones.

It's still a chunk of change to get one (I think in the next year they'll hit the $500 mark though), but if you're really into taking pics it's worth it.

- Brian Roach
SpeedWerks.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
We upgraded Laura to the Digital Rebel last year
I've been looking into those, but the price is still too high for my taste. Maybe in the future, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
INFO, from my working at Circuit city starting around march is when they start getting new cameras in and putting ridiculously prices on some of there cameras so if your looking to get one just check in with the stores every now and then and usually they will say clerence on the tag. every now and then some of them will be 100 off or more depending on the value of the camera. i think it starts somewhere in march or the end of march i dont really remember.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Thanks for the info Brian! Sounds like something I would love to have. I mainly do pics of the kids so of course they are always moving around and my pic quality is not the best. Of course I will have to talk DJ into it. LOL (buy me the camera and I will come shoot pics of you at the track) :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top