Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll admit I don't like it. I don't have a truck, so to get some of the best roads I have to ride my bike there. That's the worst part... talk about a sore azz.

Deal's Gap is within a days drive, but by the time I get there I hurt so much I don't want to do anything but rest.

Am I in the minority here?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
2FURYUS said:
No, but that's why ya bring the wife along.....
she can rub your butt back to life and then you can get to some serious riding. :lol:
Among other things.. lol..

Gee Shan you are just full of good questions today.. Gasman is nowhere to be found so what are you trying to keep the board's numbers up by p/w'ing? Haven't seen much from you lately now you dump all this shyt.. Keep up the good work # 1.

I rode to Mid-Ohio - 3 hour ride - that is far enough for me. Other than the day long riding treks around here that usually last like 6 hours but alot of stop and go, etc.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
double2000r6 said:
Gee Shan you are just full of good questions today.. Gasman is nowhere to be found so what are you trying to keep the board's numbers up by p/w'ing? Haven't seen much from you lately now you dump all this shyt.. Keep up the good work # 1.
I save up my ideas. :crazy:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I can do 4 or 5 hours non stop most days.

I do have truck and trailer and haul the bike to the best roads and track. Although there are many roads that are fun to ride in my county. :lol:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
It's 250 miles from my door in Tally to where I stay in Daytona...I stop twice on the trip...It's 110 miles to Panama City from here and I try to make that ride once per week...I guess there are some advantages to being a fat a$$ after all...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
As it has been seen before, I am preparing myself for a 600 - 800 mile ride.... It's not that bad since I have to stop for gas 100+ miles for a new tank... plus if you keep it interesting (nice twisties and so on)....and not on a super slab it would be ok... but you have to be prepared for it...

·
Registered
366 Posts
The longest I've been on mine was close to 7 hours, only stopping for gas and something to eat. I was a lil sore when I got home, but not too bad really. The F4i is suprisignly comfy for a sportbike, compared to others (like the RR), but still faaar from a Goldwing, LOL. I still do it anyways though... sunday afternoons I'm usually out for a good 5-6 hours straight.

I'm going up to Illinois this summer in July (1500 mile trip each way), and I'm still debating whether to ride, drive (and tow the bike), or fly. I'd really like to ride since I drove my car last time and it'd be something different, plus I could actually ride through the mountains and such for once, but I dunno... have to wait until it gets closer and see how much time I can get off work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That loop you and I did when you had the SV and I had the BMW and we went up through wickenburg/Prescott across 17 and back down through payson. That was a pretty good rid and I was on a relatively comfortable bike. On a sport bike I'd say 350 would be a lond day in teh saddle.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The seat on a Z1000 is what causes me the most pain. The riding position is quite comfortable though. Get an aftermarket cushioned seat and I think it would be fine for a long haul. I assume the same will be true of the Z750 that I want to buy.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
At least you got the Ford truck part right there shyt stain.. Maybe someday you will wise up and buy a Yamaha.. Then all will be right in Gasman's world..
Yeah, I love that truck.. I've drove alot of trucks Fords, Dodge, and GM/Chevy's....but my new F150 is the best one I've ever drove..seriously.

Yam in my garage... never know!

What about Ace riding from Toledo to Waterford then to the GAP!!! That was like 9hrs...on a RC51 to boot!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've rode like 9hrs from Omaha to Denver last summer. Ride through Nebraska was the worse(scenery wise) so I left at like 8pm and rode straight through!!! Not too bad (comfort wise) I was expecting a cramped back from h3ll .

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Becca_007 said:
The seat on a Z1000 is what causes me the most pain. The riding position is quite comfortable though. Get an aftermarket cushioned seat and I think it would be fine for a long haul. I assume the same will be true of the Z750 that I want to buy.
I read that the Z750's seat is a pain. They also said that the front brake pads and brake lines should be upgraded. But otherwise, they thought it was a great bike, with classy styling, an entertaining and reliable engine (sleeved-down Z1000), and light stable handling.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts