Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what I mean, when you pass a cop on the opposite side of the road, or go past him and he's getting ready to turn off, don't you just feel the cold stare of him looking at you, just trying to think up a reason to pull ur arse over cuz you're on a sportbike? And its even worse when they look right at you,and give you that skeptical look !

Just wave to em, and ride on by, I know that's gotta piss em off alittle :lol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
not saying getting pissed off.. although sometimes I can just feel those eyes burning into the back of my helmet when going by them. It's not like they think we're a bunch of angels or anything either though. Not all of them do it, not by any means, but sometimes, even if u cant see it, u can just sense the stereotyping running through their minds.

and no, I dont have a guilty conscience either. :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Cause most of them hate us because the other week one of those "crotch rockets" ran away from them!

Remember not all cops can be as cool as your Snakemann!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I should have put the smiley at the end of my last post.......

I've actually had one physically run to his car to follow me..........speaking from experience this usually occurs in your traffic oriented bedroom communities where a 10 ticket day and a mailbox bashing spells excitement.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
snakemann said:

I've actually had one physically run to his car to follow me..........speaking from experience this usually occurs in your traffic oriented bedroom communities where a 10 ticket day and a mailbox bashing spells excitement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd agree w/that. :pat:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed said:
snakemann said:

I've actually had one physically run to his car to follow me..........speaking from experience this usually occurs in your traffic oriented bedroom communities where a 10 ticket day and a mailbox bashing spells excitement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd agree w/that. :pat:
Now that was a messed up quote by our Mod!!! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, put it this way.... I've been pulled over about 1/2 dozen times on my CBR. I've never been pulled over on my BMW, along the same stretches of road, at the same time of day, passing the same police cars.

Rarely see cruisers and Harleys pulled over by the side of the road. Often see sportbikes pulled over.

But then again, I rarely see Harleys doing stunts and riding wheelies from the lights either.

I'm a fairly responsible rider (except maybe a little speed), so I understand why they pick on sportbikes-- squids give all of us sportbike riders a bad name, and around here, a lot of it is deserved attention.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
There's the bottom line...

The Squids make it worse for the rest of us sportbike riders!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have to admit I have not received any real funny looks and I haven't been pulled over (knock on wood). There have been several times where I moderately blew by a cop and expected to get pulled over but nothing happened. This includes the communities that are notorious for speed traps (i.e. Dearborn/Dearborn Hieghts/Allen Park/River Rouge) conducted by both local LEO as well as State Boys and Wayne County Sherrifs.

However, I did experience a "head lift" about a week or so ago. I was on my way home from work as I live in River Rouge which is along the Detroit River on the Southwest side of Detroit. I was in slow moving traffic due to some contruction and became frustrated with the stop and go. I cleared and traffic and had to wind it up a little.

Well, I didn't realize that Detroit Police was conducting a seatbelt enforcement zone that day. I am moving at a pace slightly faster than the posted speed limit in 2nd gear. I have a Yosh RS-3 CAN which is quite loud in 2nd at high RPM and one cop (of many cops including cycle cops in the area) looked up right at me. My first thought was, "OH ****!! I AM BUSTED!!".

I stopped at the light right in front of him, did not make eye contact and expected to get pulled when the light turned green. It didn't happen. I went home and promptly parked the bike for the remainder of the day.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah, I usually wave to 'em around here too. So far I have only gotten one or two "hard stares" from them for it. I really need to remember though that around here the only bikes that ride 2 across in the lane are State Troopers...LOL I was kickin' the little SV down the freeway last week and spotted a pair of bikes coming down the other way so I wave as I pass, realizing as I do that I'm now drawing the attention of two Staters to my happy, blue azz speeding down the road :yikes: They just waved back though, so...whew. :bonk:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
In a third of all fatal motorcycle accidents, the motorcyclist had no motorcycle license. Don't know the stats, but I bet most of the unlicensed were younger riders on sportbikes.

Except for being drunk, most cruisers don't or can't break the law. On that Biker Build-Off show, when the choppers were pulled over by the law one of the builders didn't have a motorcycle license.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Around here they they seem pretty cool with bikes, as long as your not being stupid I'm sure. I always wave to motorcycle cops, and 99% wave back. Heck, even cruised past a cop leaning against his bike with his radar gun at his eye and gave him a little wave, he dropped a hand down and waved back never bringin the gun down. glanced back in my mirror and watched as he mounted up and pulled the guy a couple cars behind me over....nice :cheers:

I find it humorous when guys get tickets for going double the limit and are all pissy about the cops :bonk:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
fatburg said:
I find it humorous when guys get tickets for going double the limit and are all pissy about the cops :bonk:

Yeah, I figure when I ride hard, I take my chances, if I get caught, I pay. I was taking a little spin west of tally a coupla weeks ago and came around a corner and these 2 county and 1 city had a van pulled over... I slowed down to ease by and this County Sheriff ran out in the road, waving his arms, "Pull over, Pull over!" I'm thinking :wtf: I thought they had a plane or something that had clocked my triple digits about 2 miles back. So I pull over, he walks up and asks me if he can look my bike!!! He is negotiating to buy one and wanted to know how I liked it. So I talked to him for a bit and he was sitting on the bike. Then he gets off and I get it started. He looks at me and says, "Can I ride your bike?" I replied, "Can I shoot your gun?" and drove off.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
my experience iwth the cops is that they either hate you or want a bike also but no inbetween. and the ones that dont like it just stare me donw plus i prolly look like a d!ck casue my speedo is off from the gearing and im usually going extrememly slow when i pass them. lol o well

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I get stairs all the time, I just ride by and wave, even if I am speeding. I have been pulled over so many time for wheelies, but other than that I have been lucky on the speed. I know alot of cops that do ride sportbikes and they are just as bad as we are. Alot of the cops if they do ride sportbikes will pull you over run your license and tell you to slow it down, then they talk about their bike. Alot of cops just say forget it when a bike blows by them.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I wave for better or for worse. Ive been pulled over once for speeding but no ticket, just a warning. Now if i was on an extreme-high-performance-crotch-rocket-bike-katana... maby another story. :D

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I just got back from a 150 mile local ride by myself., anyway I was on I-81 and it was dark, I was in a hurry to get home since I had to take a leak, but anyway there was a cop in the middle of the median on a bike. I didn't realize it was a cop till I was right beside him. I lost a bolt and nut off my headlight today, so my headlight was all over the place bouncing around. I stuck out like a sore thumb so I didn't have a chance to waive. I was only doing 90 MPH or so, then a black R1 came from no where, so I romped down on it, of course he passed me like I was sitting still. It was all in fun tho! I guess the cop knew he wouldn't catch me, I donno! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts