Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the time in stop and go traffic only. Ca its legal to lane split all the way up to posted speed limit.
Make many trips through Oregon, Washington state, lane splitting is not legal :mad: Really sucks to be stopped in traffic with center section open.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ShanMan14 said:
No, but I've been tempted MANY times. It's suprising that a state like CA would allow that. I can remember driving to LA many times when I lived in Phoenix and seeing it. :eek:
Whats even more surprising, when flow of traffic is 65 MPH in 70 MPH zone. Legal in CA to lane split up to posted 70 MPH speed limit. Law states when splitting lanes you cannot be more than 5 MPH over the flow of traffic.
Everybody in CA splits lanes faster than 5 MPH over flow of traffic. Never heard of anybody getting a ticket for it.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BusaBabe said:
All the time! It's great, beats the heck out sitting on the 405 at a standstill.
Ever take off car side mirror splitting :eek:
Over twenty years of splitting lanes, took off only one side mirror with my elbow. Just kept on going :shock:

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
I wouldnt have stopped either.. :eek:
;) ..4wheelers dont like us too munch in general so you'd have probably had a nice little fiasco on your hands.
Every so often when splitting lanes. You can see car driver looking in their side mirror at you coming, then turning his car into your path :mad:

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CHP officer told me, legal to split lanes up to posted speed limit ;)
In stop and go traffic in Calif. 90% of the motorcyles are splitting lanes, most faster than 15 to 20 MPH. Never heard of anybody ever getting a ticket for splitting lanes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.