Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to see how far I can lean on the tires. Most modern tires offer a larger contact patch the higher the lean angle.

I usually use chalk, and as long as it doesn't rain it stays on the unused part. Keeps me pushing for more lean. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
thats a good idea! i havent actually set out on an official twisty ride yet, but I'll keep in mind...good learning tool too :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Me too. Never marked it off. I just look at the tire to see how much further I need to lean to get to the untouched parts. Thats my leaning tool. LOL I might have to try the chalk and me and Matt are going to have to find some twisties. :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Tires are funny though. I could barely get to the edge of my tires with my Avon Azaro 45/46's even after the most sprited rides. My new BT-014 are already out the the edges without even trying. A little scary to say the least.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Hey Big Kahuna...how did you like your Azaro's? I used to have them on my RF900RR and I liked them. I have asked a few ppl around and some have never heard of them. Are they not that popular?

·
Registered
321 Posts
No, they aren't that popular and I don't really know why. They are still my favorite tires for the street. I will probably be going back to them after I wear out my current BT-014's. Without a doubt, they are the best sticking higher mileage tires I've ever ridden on.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Nah, I just take all the air out and go around the neighborhood a few times. If that doesn't work, I put it on a stand, put in gear, and I rub the edges down with sand paper. :jester

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
Tires are funny though. I could barely get to the edge of my tires with my Avon Azaro 45/46's even after the most sprited rides. My new BT-014 are already out the the edges without even trying. A little scary to say the least.
I've never heard of those either...how are they price wise, compared to others ?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I have found them to be about the mid to upper range price. Depending on the dealer, some are more expensive than others. The Suzuki dealer in Mechanicsburg, Pa usually gives me a good competetive price. The other nice thing I liked about them was that I could put alot of miles on them compared to Michelin or Dunlop that I have ran. :D

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
CBR Rider said:
You mean the chicken strips? :D

Now that made me laugh. Thanks CBR Rider. But as you put it...yes the chicken strips. LOL :smilelol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
CBR Rider said:
You mean the chicken strips? :D
are they extra crispy or original recipie ?? :smilelol: :smilelol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Never heard of that... 'chicken strips'... :smilelol:

WOW I heard that when I first started riding. They used to make fun of my tires due to me not leaning that hard if any at first. :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you are wondering why a post from 2004 has popped up it's becuase I did a search for Avon Azaro tires. I had some barely used ones given to me when I bought my friends CBR600 F3 and was curious about them. So far I've read nothing but good.

But the Chalk idea is pretty cool. I might try it one day(Will Pool Chalk work???). Beats my friend's system of checking how far you can lean. Which is... "When your bike starts to skid across the road. You leaned too far."

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
If you are wondering why a post from 2004 has popped up it's becuase I did a search for Avon Azaro tires. I had some barely used ones given to me when I bought my friends CBR600 F3 and was curious about them. So far I've read nothing but good.

But the Chalk idea is pretty cool. I might try it one day(Will Pool Chalk work???). Beats my friend's system of checking how far you can lean. Which is... "When your bike starts to skid across the road. You leaned too far."
so true tho :lol:

I've not heard anything about avons. Only time I seen them mention is from sport tourers of those ride their SB like a tourer. :idk:

·
Banned
11,673 Posts
Mark your tires... that's kinda silly... I don't have chicken strips on the back, but do on the front... With my Diablos, I knew when I was pushing further based upon feel... I haven't got there yet with the 2ct's.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
since we talking tires, the other day when I hit my local mtn, my front tire felt as tho it was skipping in places n not others. I noticed it more so while in left handers. Wasnt pushing it hard at all. Tire pressure is 32, n the tire should have been heated as is about 10-15 miles to the mtn. Any ideas?

·
Banned
11,673 Posts
since we talking tires, the other day when I hit my local mtn, my front tire felt as tho it was skipping in places n not others. I noticed it more so while in left handers. Wasnt pushing it hard at all. Tire pressure is 32, n the tire should have been heated as is about 10-15 miles to the mtn. Any ideas?
Tread? Deformation? Forks poopin' out? Your imagination? Who knows...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts