Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of you remove your peg feelers, whether just for the track or even everyday riding. What effect does it have? I assumed the peg feelers were to keep you from leaning past the edge of the tire, but several guys at the track said that's the first thing they remove. Just wondering, because the feelers on my R6 are about an inch long.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
twisty said:
Mine are ground off.
:lol: Mine were on the Katana, that's one reason I was asking. If I'm going to grind them off on the R6, then I was just wondering if there's even a point in leaving them on in the first place.

·
Registered
955 Posts
ya, remove them. first thing i remove anyways..not sure if tech makes you remove them or not...its been a while. :wink:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
GsxrJack said:
ya, remove them. first thing i remove anyways..not sure if tech makes you remove them or not...its been a while. :wink:
For STT( The best trackday org) they dont or they have never told me to take them off. My 929 had them. But all of my race bikes have aftermarket rearsets so I dont have that problem.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Pippi said:
Whenever I think of rearsets now I think of those we saw on the DUC at the show - I forgot exactly who made them but they were $2400 and made of titanium. They were so awesome but I was like $2400 for rearsets!?!?!?! :nonod:
I got mine for $135 from E-Bay (not titanium) :wink: used of course!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I would leave them on until you start to touch down (the pegs) on a regular basses. they will give you a better feel for the bike in that time. I have never drug a peg on a 6R (I don't ride other peoples bikes as hard as I do my owen).
Then take them off!
Im sure Twisty can contest that the GSXR's has a long way to lean after the (factory) pegs hit. :wink:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
jeeps84 said:
I would leave them on until you start to touch down (the pegs) on a regular basses. they will give you a better feel for the bike in that time. I have never drug a peg on a 6R (I don't ride other peoples bikes as hard as I do my owen).
Then take them off!
Im sure Twisty can contest that the GSXR's has a long way to lean after the (factory) pegs hit. :wink:
They do take a shape lean angle to hit them. But once you start it just gets worst.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts