Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't ridden much this year, but just started again. . the past few years I was riding maybe 150 miles per week, and then just slacked starting last winter. For cardio, it's the only thing I like. . I hate running, hate the gym, etc. At least you can get some speed cycling and get off in your own world for a while.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
all I read was cycle, and I thought to myself, well duh, we all ride on a regular basis! :crazy: :lol:

ok, yeah its early for me..anywho, I always said I should get into this since I hate going to the gym as well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Haven't been on a bike for years! Right now my cardio is brisk walking in my kickboxing class. It is awesome. 1 straight hour of working out and I feel great when I leave. We do ALOT of walking wether it is around the gym or up and down a flight of steps!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep, Pig....road bike and mountain bike.

Now that it's cold, I started doing cardio in the gym (treadmills). Not as much fun, but it's amazing what you can make yourself do when you finally get sick of being a fatass... :lol:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol I hear ya. . That's my deal, I was riding hard for a couple years and then about a year ago I took some time off. A year later and 20+ lbs I've decided I better motivate. :lol:

I rode the other day for the first time in 6 months, only went an hour, but it was 40 out and no Sun. It took about 45 minutes to get the feeling back in my toes b/c being the smart person I am, I didn't put my winter covers over my shoes. :screwy:

What kind of road bike do you have? I've got a Raleigh R600 w/ 105s. It's good for now. . once I get to the point, if I get to the point, that I can ride centuries, I'll get something better.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Dyno/cervaja does this!! He knows all kinds of stuff about this stuff that I couldn't even begin to try to re-state what he told me!! Maybe he'll find this thread and throw in his 2 cents!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Pigface1 said:
I haven't ridden much this year, but just started again. . the past few years I was riding maybe 150 miles per week, and then just slacked starting last winter. For cardio, it's the only thing I like. . I hate running, hate the gym, etc. At least you can get some speed cycling and get off in your own world for a while.

@ the gym I do. I go about 20 to 25 miles. I like to burn about 1000 calories doing cardio stuff. By the way guys if you want to be a faster rider, ride a cycle. You are the cheapest aftermaket part you can put on your bike. :wink:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I enjoy cycling alot at the local gym when I get a chance to go, which hopefully will be more now.

I do ride at home though as well...especially with the holidays here,every mile helps. :thumbs:

·
Registered
338 Posts
:here: I do! I do! I got an all terrain specialized hard rock. I love it. I like going offroad better than on.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a nice bike. . I had a Cannondale mtn bike, but I just never rode it for some reason. When I took it in to get tuned up a couple years ago I started looking at road bikes. Even growing up, although I rode bmx bikes a lot, I preferred riding on the road. Either way, it's by far the easiest way to get in shape that I know of. Running, etc, bores the crap out of me. :willy:

·
Registered
338 Posts
If it doesn't hurt, it's probably not fun :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts