Two Wheel Forums banner

Does the HOT summmer weather change your riding habits?

• Yes, I ride MORE

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No, the heat isn't a factor

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I change my gear

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • When it's hot and/or humid, I ride less until it cools down

Votes: 11 22.9%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Wear textile gear instead of leathers for me. Lighterweight gloves. Still a full face helmet though. Other than that, hey, atleast its not 20 degrees and snowing!!!!.. so yeah, bring on the roads, Im ridin! :D

Reactions: ShanMan14

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ride baby...RIDE!!!!!!!!! Hot humid weather doesn't stop me at all and I still wear my gear. Yeah, the textile comes out on the commutes to work or cruising around town or heading to a bike night but I'll still full leather it on the days out in the twisties. It's just sweat anyway...I'll survive!!! Besides...I'm sick, I LOVE HEAT.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
chev said:
Ride baby...RIDE!!!!!!!!! Hot humid weather doesn't stop me at all and I still wear my gear. Yeah, the textile comes out on the commutes to work or cruising around town or heading to a bike night but I'll still full leather it on the days out in the twisties. It's just sweat anyway...I'll survive!!! Besides...I'm sick, I LOVE HEAT.
Umm ya, :iagree: what he said. Too bad you can't choose more than one cause the first three answers are all applicable.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
chev said:
I agree although I do get sick of the humidity....in my opinion...nothing better then desert heat. I love it.

If you want heat, come on down to AZ. It topped 113 yesterday (120 at the airport!), 112 the day before, and I think its going to be 110+ again today. And on top of that, I checked the thermometer at 11PM last night, it read 99 degrees! :yikes: But the nighttime is my favorite part of summer. I just like how there is no sun and it can stay at 100 degrees. We get some (not much) humidity during our Monsoon season. Those are awesome too! Wouldnt recommend riding in one though. :bonk:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Don't care about the weather. Rode in 110+ and even 10 degree weather. Its all riding to me and always will be. :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
snadamo said:
If you want heat, come on down to AZ. It topped 113 yesterday (120 at the airport!), 112 the day before, and I think its going to be 110+ again today. And on top of that, I checked the thermometer at 11PM last night, it read 99 degrees! :yikes: But the nighttime is my favorite part of summer. I just like how there is no sun and it can stay at 100 degrees. We get some (not much) humidity during our Monsoon season. Those are awesome too! Wouldnt recommend riding in one though. :bonk:
When I was in my previous job I use to make multiple trips to Death Valley each summer for testing.....I know the heat. 130+ somedays!!! Been to Pheonix too, Vegas a ton. Yep, I know and love the desert heat.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
chev said:
When I was in my previous job I use to make multiple trips to Death Valley each summer for testing.....I know the heat. 130+ somedays!!! Been to Pheonix too, Vegas a ton. Yep, I know and love the desert heat.
:lol: And yet you live in Eskimo-ville... :skep:... :scratch:

·
Registered
941 Posts
bumblebee said:
:lol: And yet you live in Eskimo-ville... :skep:... :scratch:
I know....it's called family and where the career is at. everyone is right here and we have a really large family and it's nice having the support...especially with little ones. Almost headed south multiple times when I was younger but my roots are here and at the time didn't want to up and leave......and one more thing...I may like the desert heat, but I love snow too...except for it killing riding season. Yep.....chev is on crack!!!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
chev said:

You ride? :disapp:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
snadamo said:

I used to live at Hayden and Indian Bend. :whore:

100 there isn't too bad .. 120 is hot no matter where you are, though.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I tend to ride more during the summer, I just change the jacket from a leather to mesh. I remember when I first bought my bike a few years ago in November it was 20 to 30 degrees I didn't care I just wanted to ride, but now I park it for the winter unless it atleast 55 degrees or warmer. I've already put 3,500 miles on the bike this year, and its just the beginning of summer.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I ride more! And late into the night a lot of times too! Last night was pretty amazing... Nice cool air blowing through the vents, full moon lighting up the road... Orange barrels light the way like a torchlit path... Ahhh summer...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I agree that riding at nights in the summer is awesome. In the day here, though, it's 90-100 and humid. It sucks. Mesh or not, it's hot.

·
Registered
941 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
I ride more! And late into the night a lot of times too! Last night was pretty amazing... Nice cool air blowing through the vents, full moon lighting up the road... Orange barrels light the way like a torchlit path... Ahhh summer...
you paint such a pretty picture POD!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts