Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking specifically, riding. Do they understand the passion? Do they support you when you need/want mods?

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Yes Pippi is the best. Sometimes I wonder why she puts up with me and my obsession.
I can't beleive she allowed to spend the cash we did to go racing this year and the amount time she has put in helping me, from packing gear, to being my pit girl she is always there for me.

I love you Michelle

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
twisty said:
Yes Pippi is the best. Sometimes I wonder why she puts up with me and my obsession.
I can't beleive she allowed to spend the cash we did to go racing this year and the amount time she has put in helping me, from packing gear, to being my pit girl she is always there for me.

I love you Michelle
:hug: Gota get points for that one! :whistle: :lol:

·
Registered
667 Posts
My wife is definitely supportive. She became hooked herself after being a passenger two summers ago. I will admit that she isn't as much a fanatic as I am though. She enjoys riding but doesn't go into the withdrawals/mood swings/tantrems :sob: when the weather doesn't cooperate, like I do.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
It's great to have an S.O. that is supportive...it makes life so much easier... they are hard to come by but when you get one... you have got to love it :cheers:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
For the most part yes. :dthumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
EIDROEDYR said:
My wife is definitely supportive. She became hooked herself after being a passenger two summers ago. I will admit that she isn't as much a fanatic as I am though. She enjoys riding but doesn't go into the withdrawals/mood swings/tantrems :sob: when the weather doesn't cooperate, like I do.
I gave my wife a ride over twenty years ago before we were married.
She was ok untill i leaned into a turn.You know how newbie passengers will lean the opposite way ,it just makes you have to lean further.To make a long story short she said she would never get on that thing again,and she hasn't..
As far as spending money goes i get her what she wants then i take care of mine. :bthorse:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I think it makes a big difference when you find someone who loves/supports/believes in you & what your passions are, like riding (and racing). I think support from a significant other is part of loving them, and as Low said, makes life eaiser as well as more enjoyable....just knowing you have someone in your corner is an awesome feeling. I think this carries over into the relationship aspect as well.

It's a team effort, I love Twisty and I love being the pit crew/packer/helper.
:hug:
Pippi

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Pippi said:
I think it makes a big difference when you find someone who loves/supports/believes in you & what your passions are, like riding (and racing). I think support from a significant other is part of loving them, and as Low said, makes life eaiser as well as more enjoyable....just knowing you have someone in your corner is an awesome feeling. I think this carries over into the relationship aspect as well.

It's a team effort, I love Twisty and I love being the pit crew/packer/helper.
:hug:
Pippi
Very nicely put. :thumbs:

My wife knows it's my stress relief and she always been very supportive.... and she loves to ride too.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
My g/f after 2 years, hates the fact that I ride every moment I get. She sometimes wants to ride, but aftrer having her on the back of the bike last year, I don't like it. I can't seem to ride as fast in the turns, and I can't do my stunts with her on the back. So I keep my solo seat cowl on the back and tell her I can't find my rear seat. LMFAO

·
Registered
9 Posts
well mine is 110% also & is 100% supportive. she went on her first ever bike ride with me on the triumph & i pushed it in curves & across several mountains & she was totally hooked she loves it & almost begs to go riding doesnt care whether its storming snowing or sunny..... its all about the ride.. she is asking newbie questions about going to rallies & shows.... & im unsure about them. i quit going many years ago because of the fake bikers..... ill go to see if majority are real but if just there to show off nice clean bike & not real riders ill stay home . i want to be around people with a passion for riding... or ill ride alone like i usually have or with gf.....

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
This is a love :hug: :wub: thread!! :D

Seriously, it's so nice to see Twist and Pip together...cause I've seen the other side of Twist's life...the side with no support! :nonon: NFG!

My wife supports me... she gets scared that something is going to happen to me because she knows how we get... but yes, it's better than hearing somebody bietch about it!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I guess I just need to find a new g/f that supports me riding, and a chick that wants her own sportbike, LMFAO that would rule!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
My wife is 110% supportive. Ive been riding for a long as shes known me. I was between bikes when we got married and I decided to put of motorcycles until much much later to be sure things would be financially stable. Well out of the blue she said i should start looking for a bike. Believe it or not, i actually said no, thinking it would be a drain on us. But she put it in the budget and here i am. Bike and all. She loves bikes too and the SV is hers when i get my next one. She supports me where i dont myself.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Twisty she might even hold your hair back or put it in french braids for preventive measures if you had any.. lol..

Mine supports me about 85%.. She gets annoyed when I spend too much time on here or with the club or riding.. I gave her a ride on the R6 and the rest is history.. She is worried as well because of the accident Roger had last year.. But she loves riding with me and wants to get one of her own soon and ride with us but I think a kid will come first.. We'll see..

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
The wife is NOT supportive at all.

She rode just once about 4 years ago on the back of an R1 I used to have and she bitched that the seat was uncomfortable and didn't feel secure when I had to lean into the corner. I told her that's how a bike turns, but she didn't like it nonetheless! Then again, she flipped out when I took her up for a flight in my plane and I had to bank to turn too....maybe she has an aversion to leaning?!!!

Since I had my 'off' last September (3 weeks b4 our first baby was born), my wife hates my bike and would absolutely love for me to "get rid of it".

But that's not going to happen!!!! Riding is my release! Besides, since I don't take her as a passenger, I have been able to remove my rear footpegs and install a targa seat cover! The bike is all for me!

Yeah, it would be nice to have her support, but you can't have 'em all!

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts