Two Wheel Forums banner

Dork :P

3K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  JK_DILLA 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone!

I'm feeling a bit of a bonehead today so I figured I'd share it with some folks that would either understand the feeling or at least give me some folks to laugh about it with.

I just finished my BRC this weekend, got my endorsement and insurance set up this morning. I wanted to take my new (first, btw) bike around the block in the neighborhood for a bit before work to get used to the feel, controls, etc. (SV650S is a *bit* different balance than the Nighthawk in class ;p )

Didn't get out of the driveway before I laid her over and managed to burn a hole in my Rocket legs :| (just glad it wasn't my leg)

Other than that and killing it at a couple of stop signs I can't wait to get my skill on the bike up to getting out of the neighborhood and riding to work! :D

Amazing how just several hours at something you THOUGHT you MIGHT like can prove that it's something you HAVE to do...LOL

Thanks for the great forums!

-G

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
GSXR750DJ said:
I am going to guess that "BRC" is the MSF. Beginner Riding Course.

But welcome to TWF and you'll get the hang of it soon. :dthumb: :twfrox:
it is :dthumb:

by the way: does anyone know what the true definition of dork is????(without a dictionary you will never guess)

#7 ·
bulldog said:
it is :dthumb:

by the way: does anyone know what the true definition of dork is????(without a dictionary you will never guess)
Yeah, it's the male genitalia of a whale. And I didn't need a dictionary, I heard that somewhere a LONG time ago.

#8 ·
Thanks all!

I *expected* that I would set her over at some point, I just didn't think it would be FIRST time out :p The neighbors are gonna get a kick outta watching me farting around the local streets for a while until I get the throttle/clutch down a little better.

Awesome sport though and I'm looking forward to more!

-G

PS Thanks Bulldog, I needed a self esteem boost... :smash:

#10 ·
Guideon72 said:
Thanks all!

I *expected* that I would set her over at some point, I just didn't think it would be FIRST time out :p The neighbors are gonna get a kick outta watching me farting around the local streets for a while until I get the throttle/clutch down a little better.

-G

PS Thanks Bulldog, I needed a self esteem boost... :smash:
Forget the neighborhood streets, you could get hurt by causing an accident. Go to the nearest parking lot at night after hours and practice the slow speed drills they teach at MSF...turn figure 8's and circles until you can literally do them blindfolded. Learn how to accelerate, shift up/down and stop. Then, after about 200 miles in the parking lot, you will be just about dangerous to set out into traffic... :dthumb: Enjoy your ride and welcome to the forum!!

#13 ·
First off welcome to the forum.. Second no matter what anyone says, even Twisty, we ALL have been there.. Time, practice, more practice and patience is all you need.. Take classes, read books - but nothing replaces seat time.. Just take it slow and take it easy.. Everyone picks it up at their own pace.. Good luck!

"And one by one we walk through the door, after him, and never come out"

#16 ·
Captain Morgan said:
Yeah, it's the male genitalia of a whale. And I didn't need a dictionary, I heard that somewhere a LONG time ago.
actually it meens a cruked whale penis!! i have a really old dictionary that says it

#18 ·
Thanks all!

-G

PS Thanks Bulldog, I needed a self esteem boost... :bash:

no problem bro :lol: :thumbs:

#19 ·
bulldog said:
Thanks all!

-G

PS Thanks Bulldog, I needed a self esteem boost... :bash:

no problem bro :lol: :thumbs:
I think Bull Fugged up and signed in on the wrong name! :whistle: :loser: :lol:

#21 ·
what chu meen man :wink: :skep:

#23 ·
:lol: i dont get this at all

you guys are dorks

#25 ·
Gas Man said:
Now he's playing stupid!!!

DJ check his IP address!!!
dude for real :skep: and what is an IP adress

#26 ·
ha i wish i was playin!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.