Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking Note's Here On What Diffrent Set Up's People Are useing for Drag Racing... Their Bikes So Post if You Would ...

·
Registered
7 Posts

2000 GSX-R750 with 04 GSX-R1000 motor
Hybrid Racing motor mount kit
04 1000 suspension, brakes, and rims
Hindle titanium muffler
Dyna shift light and minder
NOS dry nitrous system with 60 shot
ARC automatic bottle heater
BTC Moto dry nitrous controller
Power Commander 3 USB
Brock clutch cushion and springs
-1, +2 gearing
7" extended swingarm
Lowering links

200 rwhp

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

2000 GSX-R750 with 04 GSX-R1000 motor
Hybrid Racing motor mount kit
04 1000 suspension, brakes, and rims
Hindle titanium muffler
Dyna shift light and minder
NOS dry nitrous system with 60 shot
ARC automatic bottle heater
BTC Moto dry nitrous controller
Power Commander 3 USB
Brock clutch cushion and springs
-1, +2 gearing
7" extended swingarm
Lowering links

200 rwhp
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
in that pic, it looks like you're launchin the bike, maybe im wrong and you're staging...but if your launchin it, what are you looking at ?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
this is gonna make me sound like a total *******, or a moron, or both. for the record, im neither...well everybody is an ass sometimes, lol

ok- you're launching it (as in you're completly staged, those 3ambers are starting to lite up, clutch is startin to come out as you anticipate the green lite), so why are you looking at the tach so intently?

for instance, when i stage, i bring the first lite on, look at the tach and bring the rpms up to my set point (depends on the track), then i look down the track with the tree in my periphial vision and bring the second lite on and wait for those three yellows to flash. my rite hand never moves till i start letting the clutch out, so theres no need to look at the tach.

im not saying what i do is rite, or that what you're doing is wrong, but anytime i see something different, in anything, riding style, bike design, setup, i like to check it out and learn from it. enlighten me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everyone has a different style. Maybe I was watching for the shift light as well. I don't remember for that particular moment in that pic why I was looking down lol. I also have a habit of letting my right leg dangle off the peg until about the 1/8th mile mark. Just a force of habit I guess. :idk:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
:yikes: yea u rite. plus it makes the bike way easier to ride i think, makes it smoother. slide the clutch out and hit a button. so simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a long time fan turned recent dragbike hobbiest.

My setup on the KZ1000:

Dropped 2" in rear with Sporster shocks.
Dropped 2.25" in front.
3" over swingarm
VM29 Smoothbore carbs(up from stock 26mm)
V&H full system
MSR Pro Raptor Clutch Lever Adjustable Assembly
Barnett Clutch
Nissin Front Brake Master/Lever Adjustable Assembly
Clipons

Of course more to come...

New to dragracing. Hopefully will be improving my reaction times and 60'. Its kickstart only as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts