Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm driving a car, I'll have a drink with dinner when the wife and I go out. As long as I eat, it's not a big deal.

However, when I ride I don't drink at all, not even one. I believe riding takes so much more attention that I don't want to risk it.

What's your take?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
99.9% of the time ZERO drinks.. Once in a great while I will have 1 or 2 but I don't like to... I agree with Shan but I also understand where Queen GSXR is coming from and from riding with her 1 beer, 2 beer or no beer she can handle it... I guess it just depends on the person.. My reason for not drinking? Far more likely to have some a-hole cut you off on a bike than a car and personally I try not to drink when I drive a car either because that a-hole cuts you off and they find alcohol in your blood or on your breath - bye bye. I knew a priest that had 1 beer and a kid jumped out in front of him and the kid died. BIG TIME jail time for the Father - no good. So that is my reasoning.. Shyt I could drink 5-6 beers and still ride fine and twice that many and still drive a car fine but it is not worth the $ and hassle.. But that doesn't go for everyone - not everyone is a seasoned drunk driver like me - some people can't drink 1 or 2 and drive, but most of them can't drive anyways..

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I used to, but no more. Drinking affects my balance, and riding is 100 percent balance. Drinking also affects my "stupidity" balance.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I might have 1 or 2 beers tops when out on my bike...Of course I weigh 245 lbs so I have enough fat to dilute the alcohol :lol: But when Riding at speed or out with the group, I don't imbibe

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm with Pippi on this one...1 or 2... but then again, I rarely do that. It depends on the person, and what type of riding you'll be doing after. If it's a WOS Sat ride, NOBODY would even think about drinking! RO, that's a different story.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
1 normally at the most..2 if Im gonna stay at the bar for awhile to chill long enuff to be ok.

We ride to the bar alot at night after work when I get home, to unwind and generally stay there a couple hours, so having 1 or 2 at the most, and allowing enuff time to chill is usually what we do.

Never more than too..and no liquor.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
What's your take?
EXACTLY the same as yours, except that I don't have a wife to take to dinner. :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
double2000r6 said:
My reason for not drinking? Far more likely to have some a-hole cut you off on a bike than a car and personally I try not to drink when I drive a car either because that a-hole cuts you off and they find alcohol in your blood or on your breath - bye bye.
Yeah, I knew a guy back in college who had been out drinking. My friend drove home and another guy ran a stop sign and hit him. Even though it was the other guy's fault for running the stop sign, my friend was put at fault because he had alcohol in his system.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
None for me when I am riding. I think I drank once before when riding but I was only 3/4 mile from home.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
For myself... being a retiring alcoholic... And known to drive straighter while drunk... I refuse to touch the stuff while on two wheels..... I just think it's a good practice.... Hard sometimes, but good, there’s too many crazies out there to add myself to the list. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Zero alcohol for me. I wont even have one at lunch if i know i will ride that night. Over cautious? mabye... i just feel i need every ounce of awareness to avoid the situations drivers put you in. Besides i want to give myself every chance to return home to my wife and kid, and if i have to sacrafice having one beer then i will.

·
Registered
241 Posts
im not gonna lie ive done it once. on the way home my friends from work were acting all foolish. thats when it hit me "what the hell am i doing!!!". we all made it home but that was the last time i did that. id rather live to ride another day!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not me... if I'm riding the bike, no alcohol period. I never even drink anyways except for maybe once in a blue moon I'll have 1 or 2 drinks, but very rarely. Guess that's why I always end up being the D.D whenever we go out, LOL. Even if I did drink though, I still wouldn't ride after drinking anything... to me that's just stupid and asking for trouble (especially for me since I have a very low tolerance, being that I never drink). My $0.02

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Nothing wrong with being the D.D. :dthumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts