Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's the story... it happened not too long ago at a Buell Demo Day!

We are at a HD/Buell dealer and they are offering free dyno runs.... then it begins...

I'm not sure about their dyno though. First they said "we can't run it if we can't get to a spark plug wire" I told them they could they would only get hp no torque... they did some checking and decided that "yes" I was right! DUH!

So they ran this guys RC51 w/ a PCIII and full system... they said it only did 112.... that's BS! They do like 120 out of the box! Then they ran a few more and then mine... now remember I just had mine ran 2 years ago at 136... they come back with a 122....

So the "tech" and I were talking about the lack of numbers on both bikes...we figured they were about 10-15 low.... they had some other nerd in there lookin at the PC on the dyno and get ready to run some more...

They put Super's ('03 954) up and got a 132... sounds closer to norm.... the techs are in there F'in with the PC some more...

They get PeteDawg's RC51 (maybe a 2002)up there and it lays out a 132... Pete's like "NO WAY"! Now were thinkin it's like 10 over...

So Haz rolls his in there ('02 GSXR 1K)and it bangs out a 158!! I mean I know that Haz's GSXR is bad ass but not 158! He only has a D&D slip on and a K&N filter. Isn't that close to what the new 1K's are puttin out?

Not to be too :skep: but the numbers were all over the place... first about 10-15 low then about 10-15 high... plus I wasn't really confident in the dyno handlers skills.

What's the dilly yo?

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
idk but they are 20$$$$ over here to do it ..... sometimes there is a dyno out at the ducati dealer :thumbs:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
At Fast Trixx, one of the shops where we hang out, Danny had his Dyno set up today and he ran a new '05 GSXR 1000. It posted a 159 at the wheel. It made my F4i's 101 look pretty puny...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
bumblebee said:
At Fast Trixx, one of the shops where we hang out, Danny had his Dyno set up today and he ran a new '05 GSXR 1000. It posted a 159 at the wheel. It made my F4i's 101 look pretty puny...
It is! :sorry:
But thats ok. Its still a great bike. :dthumb:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Gas
They where trying to calibrate it.
The problem is, They need a base to go by.

I have seen the same bike dynoed at three different places and get three different numbers. :skep:
Go figure!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeeps84 said:
Gas
They where trying to calibrate it.
The problem is, They need a base to go by.

I have seen the same bike dynoed at three different places and get three different numbers. :skep:
Go figure!
Yeah I know but you'd think they would have that done LONG before having something like this...

Bee... that sounds good and normal. A basically stock 2002 GSXR 1K isn't going to put down 158 though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts