Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have advice? I changed my oil and filter today 94 CBR600 f2. Man what an adventure. My manual says there is no need to remove lower faring, I had to to get to the oil filter it's behind the head pipes. I think a K&N with the nut on the end would be a much better choice. Then I proceeded to spill oil on the head pipes I put a rag over them helped a bit but still made a mess. If anyone has a better way please speak up.
Thanks Tim
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
The K&N filters are great for the nut.
You can also get a wrench that fits the filter like a socket from your bike shop or other places.
As for the oil on the pipes. :luck:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
The oil on pipes isn't a big deal... spray a little brake clean on it and you're good... other than that...it will burn off in a few miles.... no biggie....

As fas as difficutly... just be glad you don't have a R6!!

Ace had a F2.. maybe he could give some pointers!!!
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
The oil on pipes isn't a big deal... spray a little brake clean on it and you're good... other than that...it will burn off in a few miles.... no biggie....

As fas as difficutly... just be glad you don't have a R6!!

Ace had a F2.. maybe he could give some pointers!!!
I always just wiped them off then started the bike up and let the rest burn off before I rode. F2, F3 and any other bike.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I do the same thing but some brake clean would do the trick as well, if somebody wants to get all picky!!
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
I do the same thing but some brake clean would do the trick as well, if somebody wants to get all picky!!
OIL no biggie.
The smoke & smell go quickly.
Good idea for coolant. That smell last for ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
tjar66 said:
Anyone have advice? I changed my oil and filter today 94 CBR600 f2. Man what an adventure. My manual says there is no need to remove lower faring, I had to to get to the oil filter it's behind the head pipes. I think a K&N with the nut on the end would be a much better choice. Then I proceeded to spill oil on the head pipes I put a rag over them helped a bit but still made a mess. If anyone has a better way please speak up.
Thanks Tim
Yeah my advice is have Twisty do it.. I found that to be much easier...
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Yeah my advice is have Twisty do it.. I found that to be much easier...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Twisty my bikes need serviced. :whistle: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys,
Thought I was just being to messy. The oil did burn off I am just kind of a neat freak when it comes to my vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,886 Posts
Gas Man said:
The oil on pipes isn't a big deal... spray a little brake clean on it and you're good... other than that...it will burn off in a few miles.... no biggie....

As fas as difficutly... just be glad you don't have a R6!!

Ace had a F2.. maybe he could give some pointers!!!
My R6 was easy to change.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
tjar66 said:
Thanks Guys,
Thought I was just being to messy. The oil did burn off I am just kind of a neat freak when it comes to my vehicles.
So do my brake clean idea and you'll be all good...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top