Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm looking to replace the front markers on my 05 R6 with aftermarket ones with clear lenses. The only issue is that they won't fit directly in where the stock ones were. The local shop said they'd make the thing to fill the hole, but for the parts to be made and just have the part put on the bike, the guy said $200. Then I'd have to pay him an additional like $60-$100 to put the markers on the mounts.

I talked to Speedwerks and Brian said the old 99-02 R6 plugs won't work. Anyone got any other INEXPENSIVE ideas? Oh yeah, I ABSOLUTELY HATE FLUSH MOUNTS so don't even suggest them!

G

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure that'll look kinda :gary: . I don't wanna pay the guy at the shop $200+ to make 'em and put them on. And Roach said that they haven't come out with anything for the 2005 R6 to fix this problem. And I hate flushmounts, I think they look retarded. But the big, gaudy stock ones keep getting caught on the stuff by the driveway cause I have a tight space to pull it out of the garage with cause my sister is too lazy to move her Jeep over more!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
As funny as that is...it would work.

Last time I had this problem I made a piece to fit in there out of some black plastic then mounted my aftermarket blinker stalk to that... therefore covering most of the new black plastic.

I believe I used plain black plastic... did a clamp design.

2 pieces of black plastic. 1 custom fit to the stock hole and one larger for the inside of the fairing... bolt the aftermarket blinker thru both and use that blinker and nut to "squeeze" the 2 pieces of plastic like a clamp over the fairing.

Did that make sense?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas Man said:
As funny as that is...it would work.

Last time I had this problem I made a piece to fit in there out of some black plastic then mounted my aftermarket blinker stalk to that... therefore covering most of the new black plastic.

I believe I used plain black plastic... did a clamp design.

2 pieces of black plastic. 1 custom fit to the stock hole and one larger for the inside of the fairing... bolt the aftermarket blinker thru both and use that blinker and nut to "squeeze" the 2 pieces of plastic like a clamp over the fairing.

Did that make sense?

Yes sir... It makes sense. That's what I was thinking, just gotta use red though cause that's my bike. I'm gonna see if it'll work, just may have to wait until I get back to Texas to do that cause I don't have the tools here to do it.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Ok, so I'm looking to replace the front markers on my 05 R6 with aftermarket ones with clear lenses. The only issue is that they won't fit directly in where the stock ones were. The local shop said they'd make the thing to fill the hole, but for the parts to be made and just have the part put on the bike, the guy said $200. Then I'd have to pay him an additional like $60-$100 to put the markers on the mounts.

I talked to Speedwerks and Brian said the old 99-02 R6 plugs won't work. Anyone got any other INEXPENSIVE ideas? Oh yeah, I ABSOLUTELY HATE FLUSH MOUNTS so don't even suggest them!

G

Why would you hate flush mounts? Cause they make the bike look stream line and clean? They do make many after market signals for the R6. I just dont have time to surf looking for them. But do some research on other sites and I am sure you can find something.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ace said:
Why would you hate flush mounts? Cause they make the bike look stream line and clean? They do make many after market signals for the R6. I just dont have time to surf looking for them. But do some research on other sites and I am sure you can find something.

Ace,

I just think they don't look good. I understand that they are suppoed to make it look "clean" and "streamlined" but I just don't like them. It's kinda like a fad out here cause EVERYONE is wanting to put flushmounts on their bike. I want mine to be a little different if I can. Like I was thinking about asking Gas Man about buying me that supercharger or NOS system for my R6. I heard he's loaded? :whistle: :lol: :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You got me mixed up with Twisty or Ace...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gas Man said:
You got me mixed up with Twisty or Ace...
Either way...That's cool. I guess I'll just have to give Twisty or Ace those two litre bikes that I was gonna get you for your birthday then?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah whatever, I'm not going to hold my breathe for either outcome!

But as Ace said...there are many options..including a ncie set of graves in the hole/grove lights.... they are very nice and very custom!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
twisty said:
Put a sticker over it.....:lol:

What he really means is put a "GSXR" sticker over it. Not only is it cheap to do, but it will add atleast another 5hp to the rear wheel.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
What he really means is put a "GSXR" sticker over it. Not only is it cheap to do, but it will add atleast another 5hp to the rear wheel.
Why would he want to put a GSXR sticker over it on a R6????

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just leave the hole. Did you buy the bike to ride or look at?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
SVupON1 said:
Why would he want to put a GSXR sticker over it on a R6????

Got to add more HP to that Yam some how. :lol:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
ahh theres plenty of ways to add more HP to the R6, My friends 04 is pushing 114 to 116 at the rear wheel now. But he's done alot to it. Power commander, re-map, bmc race filter, slide stops, v-staks, front and rear sprokets 520 chain conversion, theres more I just don't remember it all. All I know is once we hit 3rd he leaves me sitting still, it just goes like a rocket!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Not bad....my old GSXR had 136Hp at the rear. :D I think the GSXR stickers helped out alot. :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
OK...maybe it was everything else that was done to it and not the stickers. But 136 is not to bad for a 750. :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
:lol: I must be lacking alot of HP on the SV, everything is done to it, except internal motor work, but I have no stickers at all. :lol:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts