Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to edit an old thread I started about regulators/rectifiers. I want to put "update" after the title and add a new post, but my original post with the title doesn't have the "edit" symbol. Is there another way to do this, or should I just add the new post at the end of the thread?

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I think you can only edit the post its self, not the title. You may not be able to edit old post at all.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
but jeeps you are a gold member lol you can do it

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
bumblebee said:
Send a pm to ShanMan and tell him what you want...he can do anything he wants :dthumb:
not exactly...he couldn't edit a referral for me. he doesn't have access to that.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
SVupON1 said:
not exactly...he couldn't edit a referral for me. he doesn't have access to that.

Doesn't have anything to do with access. The software doesn't allow me to edit the database information in that way.

EDIT: I found a hack. You now have referral credit. :cheers:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You can edit the title of your post but it doesn't edit the title to the thread... but as long as we have mods and admins around they will help!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
just an FYI, if you make an thread and nobody has posted in it yet, u can edit the title and it will show up, after that it takes a mod to edit the title :)

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Need4Speed said:
just an FYI, if you make an thread and nobody has posted in it yet, u can edit the title and it will show up, after that it takes a mod to edit the title :)
HA! I knew that...also same goes for editing a post in general...if someone has seen the post and you edit you will see a message at the bottom of the post saying last edit ######, if no one has seen the post and you edit you won't see the edit message at the bottom of the post. just some more FYI

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ok... so mr fancy pants... tell the crowd why you can't edit your own post after it's been sitting for a while?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
Ok... so mr fancy pants... tell the crowd why you can't edit your own post after it's been sitting for a while?

Define "while".

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Gas Man said:
I guess because it's not a "current thread or post" I have noticed this too.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I don't know... I just know that sometime I want to edit a post and I can't anymore... say like a month... I think it is whenever vBulletin puts old threads to archive....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts