Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Electric motor (esp. DC) should be all torque, almost forever- not too much of a drop like an internal combustion. At least until the battery dies, which shouldn't happen on a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
665 Posts
that thing was sweet! talk about a silent killer!

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
:yikes: Sweet! I wouldnt mind having an elec sportbike. The new elec engines being developed could give the internal combustion engine a run for the money.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wonderful thing about that bike is that technically its not far from your chordless drill. now if only my dewalt ran sub 9 seconds- :D

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
:yikes:
even sounds futuristic!

·
Banned
11,673 Posts
Electric motor (esp. DC) should be all torque, almost forever- not too much of a drop like an internal combustion. At least until the battery dies, which shouldn't happen on a 1/4 mile.
Sorta... Electric motors produce all of their torque at stall and the torque curve drops off as it climbs in RPM... Kinda backwards from an ICE...

:yikes: Sweet! I wouldnt mind having an elec sportbike. The new elec engines being developed could give the internal combustion engine a run for the money.
Batteries are really the limiting factor... Generally batteries that can source enough current to push those big motors are really heavy... It really depends on the chemistry, but lighter batteries usually either cannot do it... or they can do it, but not without self-destructing...

Check out these EV bikes...

wonderful thing about that bike is that technically its not far from your chordless drill. now if only my dewalt ran sub 9 seconds- :D
Don't laugh... You can race your Dewalt here!

·
Banned
11,673 Posts
Hve any of you guys ever gotten into slot cars those things can be fast as hell...:idk:
I had some when I was a kid... My ex's dad and little brother had an enormous track set up in their basement... I gave them all of my cars (and two motorcycles) and track to add to it... Their track seriously had to be 500 feet long... It took up an area probably 20'x15', it was insane...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I had some when I was a kid... My ex's dad and little brother had an enormous track set up in their basement... I gave them all of my cars (and two motorcycles) and track to add to it... Their track seriously had to be 500 feet long... It took up an area probably 20'x15', it was insane...
hells yeah I enjoy those things thaey are fun...:dthumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
So would that thing be plug n play?
{Rant}
Ne Ways Fu*K that Sh*t, I wouldnt change ANY internal combustion engine, for an electric, theres no soul in it... A mechanic literally only needs to splice wires and hook it up to a comp or a power outlet or something... wheres the getting dirty part, taking off the head to put in higher cams, using that sweet smelling VP fuel, the sound of the engine roaring to life, not that vaccuum cleaner sh*t. I hate this environmental friendly crap where everything is changing and the future is full of fu*king hippies, now NASCAR's using unleaded fuel, WHY??????:cry: :cry: I wish I was in the 60's. This is MAJOR :wbs: !!!!
{end Rant}

·
May 2007 BOTM Winner!
3,906 Posts
So would that thing be plug n play?
{Rant}
Ne Ways Fu*K that Sh*t, I wouldnt change ANY internal combustion engine, for an electric, theres no soul in it... A mechanic literally only needs to splice wires and hook it up to a comp or a power outlet or something... wheres the getting dirty part, taking off the head to put in higher cams, using that sweet smelling VP fuel, the sound of the engine roaring to life, not that vaccuum cleaner sh*t. I hate this environmental friendly crap where everything is changing and the future is full of fu*king hippies, now NASCAR's using unleaded fuel, WHY??????:cry: :cry: I wish I was in the 60's. This is MAJOR :wbs: !!!!
{end Rant}
:iagree: :iagree: :withstupi :clap:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts