Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
never caught my laces, but on the days when I ride to work I used to often catch the upturned cuffs of my dress slacks. I either tuck them in now, or make a more out and up movement of my legs when starting up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nope never had that happen. But on an older bike I forgot to put the kickstand down when getting gas and the bike fell on me and pinned me against the pump. DOH...squid.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
jdog said:
Nope never had that happen. But on an older bike I forgot to put the kickstand down when getting gas and the bike fell on me and pinned me against the pump. DOH...squid.
Ouch, that had to suck!

thats the nice thing about the newer Kats...safety shut off feature if you try to put her in gear w/ the stand still down.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
My old 94 RF900RR did the same thing as well as my GSXR. Nice that it does that so you don't try to ride off with it down. Very nice safety feature. :D

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I went to Walmart and bought some lace covers from the baby department. We bought them for our daughter because she wouldn't keep her shoes on/tied. They cover the laces and I haven't caught the pegs or untied a shoe in a long time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
bumblebee said:
I went to Walmart and bought some lace covers from the baby department. We bought them for our daughter because she wouldn't keep her shoes on/tied. They cover the laces and I haven't caught the pegs or untied a shoe in a long time.
They make lace covers????? I never knew that. That would've come in handy with our son. Went thru a horrible time. :cursin: :bash:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hmm, that's why riding boots don't have laces. I never ride without riding boots. Period... I've seen WAY too many pics of people ankles after crashing in sneakers. Umm, no thanks... Full gear every time I throw a leg over the bike. Period. No exceptions...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Never fell down, but yes, I've caught the laces on a peg when I was first starting out. Learned real quick to tuck them in. Then bought riding boots a little later.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.