Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my younger days, we used to race our bikes all the time San Francisco bay area east bay hills. :bike:
East bay hills had very little police presence, from time to time we would run into a police officer :shock: We never stopped.
Now days no matter how fast I am going, I will pull over for police lights.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
The main reason I stop is even though the first cop may not catch ya..the chase car(s) will..unless your doing 150 past the first cop, and by the time he radios ahead, ur already past the chase car...I always stop..cuz if something happens and I get caught..I'd just assume take the fine, than get my license taken away for evading an officer..etc...OUCH!!! :ack:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I thought this thread was about stoplights, not coplights. :lol: I always stop for the cops. Lately, they've been friendly, which means I'm probably due for a mean one soon. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'll be honest- and yeah I realize it was stupid... but a few months ago I was hauling a$$ down the highway- approx 120 or so, I popped over a hill and bam- 5-0 was standing outside his car pointing the radar gun right at me. Instinctively I let off the throttle- but then thought to myself- "dude at this point you are already in big trouble- just stay on it and get off the next exit... So thats what i did. I bumped it to about 150 to asure myself I would have enough time to slow down and get off the exit ramp before the cop caught up... well wouldn't you know it- the bastard called ahead. There was another cop waiting for me. By the time I saw him on the side of the road- I was blowing by at 155. NOT GOOD... Long story short I made my exit and pulled the bike into the back yard... Had the bike thru the back door and parked in the living room when I heard several sirens surrounding the block.

I got away that time- but if I had to do it again, I will stop. I made a bad decision and then made it worse... got lucky- but it wasn't worth the stress or the risk. :leaving: and to stay on topic- I blew several stop lights in the process.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You do realize that cops sometimes look at forums like this, right? Not always a good idea to post things like that when you're still within the statute of limitations. :wink:

·
Registered
673 Posts
You do realize that cops sometimes look at forums like this, right? Not always a good idea to post things like that when you're still within the statute of limitations. :wink:
His name is Tom and he lives in houston.. good luck finding him.. :lol:

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
been lucky, played on a on-ramp hit 90 coming off of the apex, looked up, 50 sitting there with his radar right on me, i just looked up the road and kept going, never really ran, he never pulled out, just let me go, lucky i guess, second time that has happened, 90+ and hit with radar and the cop never budged, i would pull over, but they dont even pull out...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Let these threads die for the love of god. :nonod:
Being started two years ago does not make them any less of a thread than some of the ones started two days ago. Sure, some of the ones I brought back from near death were pointless, but some still have some merit. Hell, a few of the old threads are better than some of the new threads, including a couple of the threads I started today.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't post it if I thought they were still interested/ or could prove it was even me. It's been a while. Point is - I wouldn't even consider repeating it. I should have slowed down- done the speed limit and if they caught me- then hey... I was guilty- it would have been smarter then putting myself in a worse situation like I did. There were some instances where I found myself riding right at the edge of my capabilities and pushing it a little too hard for the traffic conditions. my :angelhap: was working overtime that day.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sorry, I didn't realize Cap't Morgan was exploiting my ignorance to further his post count. LOL I see now this thread is from 2004. As if my admittance of bad decision making wasn't enough, now I really look like an a$$hat. :dthumb:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Sorry, I didn't realize Cap't Morgan was exploiting my ignorance to further his post count. LOL I see now this thread is from 2004. As if my admittance of bad decision making wasn't enough, now I really look like an a$$hat. :dthumb:
Nah, not at all. I still fully believe some of these old threads have merit, for the simple fact this forum was started in '04 and not very many people posted back then. Marko just doesn't believe in old threads, for some reason. Yet he still keeps them going by posting a walking zombie, which puts the thread back at the top of the page. So I ask, how much does he truly hate them? :skep:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Funny... I didn't miss any of them!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Maybe cause they sucked!

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Being started two years ago does not make them any less of a thread than some of the ones started two days ago. Sure, some of the ones I brought back from near death were pointless, but some still have some merit. Hell, a few of the old threads are better than some of the new threads, including a couple of the threads I started today.
So this is how the new thread (bringing up old threads) got started.....humm!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts