Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another good find by Cale...

:drool: F18 test :drool:

It looks like there is a car rear end on the thing... and damn look at that exhaust thing... HOTT!!! temp wise....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What hte hell was it? It looked like a Kart, but if its a F18 motor theres no way it would fit in a Kart frame.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mighty impressive, but F18 as in a jet or F1 as in the car? I'm a little lost, but dont claim to know much bout F1's or F18's.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know either... was hoping GSXRJack would be able to key in on it...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Roach954 said:
Mighty impressive, but F18 as in a jet or F1 as in the car? I'm a little lost, but dont claim to know much bout F1's or F18's.
Dude it is totally from an F1 car.. An F18 is jet propulsion there einsteins.. You can totally tell by the cut away from the rear end and the axles, etc. Gas totally typo'd (fat fingered) the subject of the thread - should say F1 like Cale's original post did.. :bash:

But yeah those F1 engines are bad arse.. They said that they pull more Gs than a jet (can't remember what jet) and the drivers do not have g suits like pilots.. They were going so fast qualifying last year that mfrs were redding out in the straight away - shyt that would be scary at like 240mph redding out (passing out from extreme blood flow to your head all of a sudden caused by extreme gs) and then waking up going straight into a f'ing wall.. Shyt.. It was great when F1 ran downtown Detroit.. Those motors pull like 14,000 rpms.. Of course the R6 redlines 1,000 rpm higher (powerband is around 12,5 though) than them but still 14,000 is high as hell considering the Nascar 750hp motor redlines out around 9,000..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah... you're right... I fat fingered it!!! Damn... she usally likes it when I do that!!! :nonod: :lol:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
i have a ad for the F1 cars... they redline at 20K.. they normally dont run under 12K...... and the brakes are so insane that the water form their eyeballs comes off the outside the eye and sticks to their visors.. thats some Breaking power.......

3.0 V12's 800HP...
and hte ones of the 80's that they outlawed with 1400HP 1.5li turbos...

They have no Cams... Air acuated valves... Infinite timing adjustment with em... and can be changed on the laptops while racing.. so they can run different timing for every RPM range...... 10,000 readings persecond.. how much u htink that data collector and fuel computer costs.. i forgot how much they spoent a season it was something insane like 300Million a season per car.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
ScottSellersUNR said:
i have a ad for the F1 cars... they redline at 20K.. they normally dont run under 12K...... and the brakes are so insane that the water form their eyeballs comes off the outside the eye and sticks to their visors.. thats some Breaking power.......

3.0 V12's 800HP...
and hte ones of the 80's that they outlawed with 1400HP 1.5li turbos...

They have no Cams... Air acuated valves... Infinite timing adjustment with em... and can be changed on the laptops while racing.. so they can run different timing for every RPM range...... 10,000 readings persecond.. how much u htink that data collector and fuel computer costs.. i forgot how much they spoent a season it was something insane like 300Million a season per car.
Ok well my data suggested 14,000rpm redline but maybe that was outdated or incorrect.. Not sure where I read that.. Man I am 0 for 2 this week.. Maybe I should just STFU... I heard the steering wheel alone on the F1 is like $50,000.00. It has all the settings, etc. stored in it. I know before I heard the cars are like $2.5 million total..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts