Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting my '96 F3 to a stickly track bike. I was wondering if I need the entire dash for the thing to run right (I have heard someone have problems trying to run without it)?

Anyone know what those (2) plugs that connect to the circuit board on the back side of the dash do??

I was hoping to find out before I bought a an aftermarket tack (which is all I would run with). Thanks!!!

· Registered
9,794 Posts
I have a friend that has a 96 F3 that he F'd up so bad...he just decided to turn it into a stunt bike...he doesn't have any gauges on it at all...so I know it will run fine with out any gauges hook up. He has it all flat black now with a crash cage around it...here's a pic of it....

· Registered
9,794 Posts
No Worries said:
Why not just tape up the gauges and leave the top RPM of the tach exposed.

Hey SV, I like the rear sprocket on the stunt bike. 100 teeth?
I donno what my friend is thinking...he's a nutso!!!

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Worries said:
Why not just tape up the gauges and leave the top RPM of the tach exposed.
Because the aftermarket, GP Tech, fairing stay (Thanks to Laura at Speedwerks for hooking me up! Speedwerks rocks, buy your parts from them!) that I bought will not cooperate with my stock panel without some serious creativity on my part.

As an aside to my recommendation of Speedwerks, they did tell me that I would need to be handy if I wanted to use my stock gauges. So, this is not like they blind sided me and I was being sarcastic. They seriously did do right by me.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It looks like I might be able to just get an aftermarket tach and run with that...

Thank God for zip ties, duck tape, welders, Saturday afternoons, and a wife willing to look the other way when the credit card bill comes... :dthumb:

· Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,176 Posts
CBR Rider said:
Thank God for zip ties, duck tape, welders, Saturday afternoons, and a wife willing to look the other way when the credit card bill comes... :dthumb:
Its the other way around for me. :cursing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.