Two Wheel Forums banner

F4i vs 600RR..

10K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  hondaguy 
#1 ·
How much longer do you think honda will continue to produce the F4i since the 600RR is doing so well. With the F4i being the predecessor, do you think they'll try and market it as a sport-tourer ?

#4 ·
its interesting that they even kept these models around in the first place.. i mean, u used to to see all kinds of ads and commericals for the F4 models, etc. but now since the full-on campaign's with the RR's and 6R, I suppose it is indeed only a matter of time. but there is definately a difference though.

There probably isnt much of a market for a true 600 sport tourer though..many consider the naked 600's a sport-tourer, although they really arent marketed that way..

#5 ·
I looked very closely at both before I bought my F4i. The differences are very minor except for the single rear arm on the RR. The FI computer has a different map and the throttle bodies are about 3 mm's larger. The brakes on the RR are slightly heavier but the seat height is lower on the F4i. If I had bought mine with the intention of always going solo and spending a lot of track time, I would have definitely bought the RR. But, I enjoy my street bike and the RR didn't come as a bumblebee.

#7 ·
Bumblebee, did you ride both prior to purchase? I just wonder how use-able the power band on the RR is when riding on the street? I am sure it is great on the track when you are keeping the rev's up, but otherwise I wonder how it is? You look at the published dyno "curve" and it seems to resemble more of a verticle line...

I am under the impression the F4I has a broader band with less top end, is this accurate?

#8 ·
Gas Man said:
Hey N4S, would you stop making so many new threads! My head is starting to hurt!! :lol:

yes, but they're bike related.. ;) and werent u griping about too many off topic stuff the other day.. :smash:

The F4i is of the old school of thought that honda used for many years, of taking a street bike, and turning into a sport beast...hence the more comfortable seat, ergos in general, seating position, brakes, etc.

and the RR is the new way.. take the already great track bike, and turn it into a street bike with as few changes as possible.

#10 ·
CBR Rider said:
Bumblebee, did you ride both prior to purchase? I just wonder how use-able the power band on the RR is when riding on the street? I am sure it is great on the track when you are keeping the rev's up, but otherwise I wonder how it is? You look at the published dyno "curve" and it seems to resemble more of a verticle line...

I am under the impression the F4I has a broader band with less top end, is this accurate?
I rode them both. The RR definitely makes more Rear wheel HP at the higher RPM's The FI on the RR, with it's different setup, was not that comfortable "cruising" around town in traffic. However, "regular" riding, Not twisty or WOS, You could probably Blindfold someone, take them for a ride, and other than the uncomfortable seat, not be able to tell the difference, They are that similar. There was only 500 difference in the price, so money was not an issue and I am too old and fat to try to run the Dragon's tail in under 11 minutes so I bought the F4i

#12 ·
I personally prefer the F4i myself. I like the body style and comfort as well. It's got plenty of power, and you can add countless mods to your pleasure, to increase performance and cosmetics.

The CBR is timeless for sure, although I doubt the F4i will be around all that longer myself. a shame, :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.