Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Ive just got basic clear..but I LOVE the mirrored look alot..they can be pretentious, yes I'll give u that, but hey, they look SWEET!! so its all good :cool:

mirrored will definately be due on my next lid in the spring... how much, if at all do they hamper your vision though riding in the evening/dusk time of day ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
I used to use the mirror because I thought they looked cool. However, they don't last long and scratch far too easily. I now invest in a clear and a dark smoke. Another thing about the mirrored shields... they seem to give off an odd reflection... sometimes more noticeable than at others; Kind of like your cars dash on real bright day when you get that reflection in your windshield of the dash. For my money, I won't be buying anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Use the clear far less frequently than my mirrored because I'm in sun most of the time. Yeah, I agree about the scratching of the mirrored. Mine already has a few from simply rolling over a stone because I set it on the ground top-down; big mistake.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Good point Becca, that's why I don't use them. They just scratch too easily. I have 2 shields for my helmet. A really dark black one and a clear one. I tend to use my clear more, because I usually don't get back till late at night and hate riding at night with the tint. I prefer to use the tinted one but end up using the clear more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
My favorite is Dark Smoke. Also Shanman...the smoke visor for the Scorpion helmet is not very dark at all....mater of fact it's hard to tell the difference between their Smoke shield and clear shield. I'm hoping they come out with a Dark Smoke shield by next spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
I tend to use my clear more, because I usually don't get back till late at night and hate riding at night with the tint. I prefer to use the tinted one but end up using the clear more.
cant you get pulled over for using a tinted one at night anyways? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
cant you get pulled over for using a tinted one at night anyways? :confused:
No...it's just not a very smart thing to do....at least with the Dark Smoke shield it isn't. A leo would be hard pressed to notice that you're wearing a dark shield at night. Even if he does....it's not illegal. At least not in any state I've ever been in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Heath3n said:
No...it's just not a very smart thing to do....at least with the Dark Smoke shield it isn't. A leo would be hard pressed to notice that you're wearing a dark shield at night. Even if he does....it's not illegal. At least not in any state I've ever been in.
I wondered this same thing. I had assumed they would fall under the same laws as tinting your windows, which are based on the reduction of light at night.

And I have ridden with my mirrored at night, and I do NOT recommend it. Try driving your car with a particularly dark pair of sunglasses and you'll get the picture.

In fact, maybe a visor's akin to sunglasses, and thus the reason its not illegal. Cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
speaking from experience huh? :lol:

Yep. From riding with you and when I have to look over I wish your shield was mirrored so I can see a pretty face then. :lol: I crack myself up. :dthumb:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
My HJC came with a clear that I use for night...and I bought a gold mirrored one to match the yellow and black of the Bee. My daughter says I look like a power ranger when I have my helmet on with my black and yellow riding suit...albeit an old fat power ranger!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
bumblebee said:
My HJC came with a clear that I use for night...and I bought a gold mirrored one to match the yellow and black of the Bee. My daughter says I look like a power ranger when I have my helmet on with my black and yellow riding suit...albeit an old fat power ranger!!

black n yellow rocks..the best colors u can find!! so she calls u the bumble ranger then huh!! ;) :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top