Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December 5, 2004 — A motorcyclist was struck and killed by a car while out helping to raise money for needy children. The victim, a 55-year-old DuPage County deputy sheriff, was riding in the annual Toys For Tots parade.

Police have cited the driver of the car, 74-year-old Arcirio Rodriguez, with DUI and negligent driving. Rodriguez was also injured in the accident.

Family and friends of the victim left the emergency room at Illinois Masonic Medical Center late Sunday, charged with the grim task of informing an 87-year-old woman of her son's untimely death.

What started out as a day for fun and good deeds ended in tragedy. The motorcyclist who was taking part in Sunday's Toys For Tots parade was killed when a car turned from Cornelia onto Western directly into the path on oncoming riders.

Here is the rest of the article.

How sad for something like this to happen, especially right in the middle of such a great charity function as this. :( :mad:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Oh my gosh and a drunk driver at that. :bash: That's so awful. I feel for his family. What a way to go though...giving to others and doing something positive for those less fortunate.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Thats just disgusting!! you go out, to help the less fortunate in a great cause, and yet another idiot cager who cant hold his alcohol gets away with it!! :upset:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Cited!! :wtf: :cursin: if that would have been a sportbike hitting a car and killing somebody there would be a public hanging!! :rant:

I don't care if he is old or not...put his arse in a retirement home prison!! :rant:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.