Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kansas City, Missouri

USA - A cement truck driver runs a stop sign, killing a man on a motorcycle A 20 year old Pleasant Hill man is dead after a motorcycle crash. Missouri Highway patrol troopers say a cement truck ran a stop sign at Richland Pkwy. & Walker hitting the motorcycle.

Anthony Barnes was pronounced dead at the scene. He had just bought his motorcycle Monday. He is survived by 2 children, one of them born just last week.

The driver of the cement truck was ticketed for running the stop sign. He was not hurt.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:
thats it?? just a ticket?? WTH is the world coming to... he should have been charged with vehicular homicide :/

I am sure he will be.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I'm at a loss for words.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
It's just wrong! Why don't people pay more attention?

RIP man... prayers to his family!

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
bumblebee said:
The driver of the cement truck was ticketed for running the stop sign. He was not hurt.
What, not even his feelings were hurt? Son of a [email protected]#!!! There has to be more to that story. He couldn't have just received a ticket for his heinous crime! I hope he rots in hell (to put it mildly). He was probably just running to a job and didn't want his cement to set. Amazing what people will do for money, and what the consequences are. That's just so wrong. :cursin:

RIP fellow rider. Hope your babies will be ok!

·
Registered
387 Posts
:angelhap: You have to ride defensively people cuz theres aholes like that in this world. Not saying he wasnt, I dont know the specifics, just reiterating the fact.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is an update with the obituary notice...They have started a fund to help care for his children

Anthony Dean Barnes

Anthony Barnes, 20, Pleasant Hill, MO, died May 10, 2005. Memorial services 7 p.m. Fri., May 13 at Stanley & Son Funeral Home. Suggested memorials to the Barne's Children's Fund c/o Pleasant Hill Bank. (Arr. Stanley & Son Funeral Home, Pleasant Hill, MO)
Published in the Kansas City Star on 5/12/2005.

http://www.legacy.com/kansascity/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=3530625

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this was actually several years ago, but in looking up things I saw this and it's nice to know there are people out there that cared. I am his younger brother. The man driving the truck seemed to have felt almost no remorse at all. He was charged with vehicular manslaughter and was put in solitary confinement for 3 days and that is all he got. Not enough if you ask me, he was my brother and my best friend, and I will miss him forever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts