Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4.

The 2004 Aprillia Factory. Love that bike.

The 2000-2001 GSXR 750. It changed how sportbikes were made. Everything was light and it had enough power to scare the pants off you.

The 2004 GSXR 1000. Not for a Newb.

The 1994 Ducati 916 Senna Special. Silver with Red wheels. Awsome!!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,104 Posts
Favorites based on what you've ridden, how it looks, if $ were no object...which, or all of the above?

I started to list mine then realized the lists would be different. :screwy:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
My favorite street bike I ever had was a 3 cylinder, 1973 Kawi 500...it was the definition of crotch rocket...I believe it was the fastest production bike in its day. My MX 360 yami was the best off roader I ever had...I wish I had never sold it for that flippin elsnore...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well lets do what you have ridden and why.

I will say the 2001 GSXR 750. The best all around bike. It does everything from being a track bike to a street holigan bike. wheelies in the 1st 3 gears and holds it own running with the liter bike.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
I would have to say a Monster 900.
Why?
Its comfortable to ride long distance very capable of going fast in the corners and not to high priced.
It can barely keep up with a 600. :sob:
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Believe it or not, I think one of the coolest was a HD... If they would've kept this bike in production they would be a much different company today I think... THe ol cafe racers, the XLCR1000's, those were some sweet ass rides....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
Well you ruined it Twisty - what you have had and what you have rode? Then it would be the GSXR 750 - NOT.. lol..

I would have to stick with the R6 because that is what I have and the best I have rode.. If it was wide open I would go with the R7.. I just don't have 25k and I have no idea if I could even find one... Or the M1 - same deal as the R7 - don't have the cash and no idea where to get one..

and per Gasman's request:

:nopicsbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,394 Posts
My friend's bike that I learned to ride on, a Yamaha RD350. It was simple, light, and quick. At least it felt quick. Just think about changing lanes and it did it. With modern brakes, tires and suspension it would make a great beginner bike.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Believe it or not, I think one of the coolest was a HD... If they would've kept this bike in production they would be a much different company today I think... THe ol cafe racers, the XLCR1000's, those were some sweet ass rides....

I have a neighbor, the retired Sgt. Major that has one from the early 70's...It is an impressive machine...and he will take your lunch money if you mess with him
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I really don't have a favorite bike... is that a problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Favorite bikes depend on your age..... the '87 gixxer1100 was one of the best rocket ships for its time :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
bumblebee said:
My favorite street bike I ever had was a 3 cylinder, 1973 Kawi 500...it was the definition of crotch rocket...I believe it was the fastest production bike in its day. My MX 360 yami was the best off roader I ever had...I wish I had never sold it for that flippin elsnore...
My favorite bike would be any modern 500cc four cylinder two-stroke, that i can't own because i live in the u.s. :nono:
 

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
Joined
·
7,649 Posts
anything RF.... :thumbs:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
twisty said:
Well lets do what you have ridden and why.

I will say the 2001 GSXR 750. The best all around bike. It does everything from being a track bike to a street holigan bike. wheelies in the 1st 3 gears and holds it own running with the liter bike.
i dont get it ..... dont they improve every year.... or you meen that that was the best that changed the way bikes were made??
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
jeeps84 said:
We forgive you for being so uneducated. :D
I mean I like my 9R.. but I like Twisty's 1K, and the R6's that I've been on are always nice.... I just don't like one over any other one.... OH WELL!!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top