Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some more insite to cold tearing or feathering? This weekend was the first track day of the year and in the afternoon of the second day I started seeing feathering on the right side fron tire. The track is very had on the right side. I still have all the stock fork valving installed and the rebound is almost full hard (1/4 turn out). I'm using tire warmers.

I'm running a set on Michellin Pilot Sport Cups. Also, noticed some front end push sliding at times. I'll try and post some picks tonight, haven't finished unpacking yet.

TIA

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Sounds like you were super heating the carcuses... I think Twisty gets this all the time... not sure though...

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Gas Man said:
Sounds like you were super heating the carcuses... I think Twisty gets this all the time... not sure though...
I dont get cold tearing beacuse my suspension it set corectly. Your causing the tire to work to hard by having you rebound set so high lower the rebound a bit. What your doing is making the tire do the suspensions job. Also pay with compression. Did you set you sag?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sag is set to 34mm. What I'm being told is it is the limit of the stock rebound valving. I'll give the cutting bock on the rebound a try. The tires are not cold that is just the term for it. Thanks for the info.

Can you get to the limit of the Pilot Sport Cup where it does this and the same riding would not have similar response on a Pilot Power or Pilot Power Race?

Added some photos to show the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts