Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever taken the bike out without a bucket? Ever worn shorts or, gasp, flip-flops?

I confess, I've ridden witout a lid once. Never have I done it since and never again will I do it. I gave into peer pressure and I'm lucky. A good friend of mine would up in a coma for DAYS, and we wasn't wearing a lid.

But, back to the topic. What are your confessions?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I've ridden in shorts on occasion..yeah yeah I know...just down to get smokes about a mile away, but yes I know an accident can happen anywhere...but I dont make habit of it...but I've done it.

I've ridden without a lid already..mainly shortly after they repealed the helmet law in PA..just to see what it was like....was a squidly move, but I had to see for myself. Scarey, and all the bugs hitting me hurt too!!

I've scarfed down a sandwhich while at a stoplight once..was so hungry and had one leftover from my lunch at work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I ride in a t-shirt and jeans w/helmet alot. I take my bucket off quite often when I get to the beaches in NH. Speeds don't exceed 5-10mph. Group rides and long excursions I wear my gear.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
jdog said:
I ride in a t-shirt and jeans w/helmet alot. I take my bucket off quite often when I get to the beaches in NH. Speeds don't exceed 5-10mph. Group rides and long excursions I wear my gear.
You people and getting to ride at the beach, damn Im jealous!! PA stinks!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I;'ve talked on my cell phone while riding on the back of a bike already..yeah that was alittle tuff.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I never ride without my helmet and gloves. As for the shorts, yeah, on the hot days I've done it quite often with a t-shirt. I know it isn't smart but I don't have the full leather gear. I typically wear a more protective shoe, though, never sandals.

When I ride to work I have on my leather jack, gloves, helmet and riding boots and change to dress shoes at the office. But on the way home when it warms up the leather coat gets stored on the back end.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Rode down the street w/out a lid once to get gas. I felt squidly, and eventhough I was wearing Oakleys my eyes still teared up, and that was only going 45mph.

The other stupid thing was doing 148 on a highway, although that was actually fun. lol

I always wear a jacket, gloves, helmet, and some sort of boot. If it's too hot to wear my gear, I just don't ride.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Pretty much full gear except for "riding" pants, but always full length pants....deal with my wife, she let's me keep the bikes as long as I'm safe about them. She's a good women

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I would think it would be kinda uncomfortable to shift, in flip flops anyways :D

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
fatburg said:
Pretty much full gear except for "riding" pants, but always full length pants....deal with my wife, she let's me keep the bikes as long as I'm safe about them. She's a good women
:rolleyes: Well guess I'm a big fat liar. Just took a leisurely joy ride around the block in t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes..did have a helmet on tho.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
After events today during a ride with the club. We should all wear full leathers all the time, damn near. We had a newbie go down in the twisties REALLY hard. EMS and everything. He ended up with a small concusion but not much else. Only one small scratch on his back and temple, due to wearing all of his leathers. Bike was totalled but we hear he is ok. Staying over night for observation but Doc thinks all will be well. Don't know much more, because I wasn't there. But leathers are a GOOD THING! Mine saved me hide when I low sided, but I hear this crash today was bad!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Here's to a quick return for him..glad he's going to be ok!! yeah, seeing or hearing about bad wipe-outs always reassures you that you're doing the right thing wearing your gear.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Never worn shorts before. I have gone without the lid once and only once. Never before and never again. :)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well, Twisty knows what he's talking about here....

As far as the fallen rider, he's back home and recovering with a big headache. Other than that, he has no memory of the crash. He's not sure he'll get another bike due to his wife being pregnant and all, but he's ok. That's the important part.... do like Twisty says.....

·
First 1000 Member
13 Posts
I ride without a helmet more than I should. I know it's stupid. There is no helmet law in Hawaii, and it's too tempting to go on a short easy cruise without it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts