Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nono:

http://www.local6.com/news/4415798/detail.html

FHP Applicant Leads Troopers On 140 MPH Chase, Investigators Say

POSTED: 8:26 am EDT April 26, 2005
UPDATED: 9:13 am EDT April 26, 2005

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Florida Highway Patrol officials say an applicant set to take an exam to join them has been disqualified after leading troopers on several chases.

Troopers said 24-year-old David Carpenter was arrested for leading troopers on a racing-speed motorcycle chase in rush-hour traffic.

FHP spokesman Lieutenant Julio Pajon said getting arrested is an automatic disqualifier.

For weeks, troopers and local police have spotted the same biker, cutting through traffic at speeds of up to 140 mph. He managed to flee at least twice and almost caused wrecks involving troopers.

Troopers waited Monday for Carpenter, using an airplane and stationed strategically along the highway.

Carpenter outran troopers in cars, but the airplane shadowed him to his apartment in south Miami-Dade County.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
:bslap: :bslap: :bslap: :bslap:
Dumb A$$... no wonder he ran, tho' but you would think that after he got away the first two times... he would have stopped... the law of averages :bash: :nonod:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I read that on another forum but I wondered how in the hell he didn't cause an accident. It seems that a driver/rider approaching oncoming traffic :here: , especially during rush hour, would result in some sort of accident. I am glad no one was hurt but with that luck, I'd be playing the mega millions or something.

·
Registered
366 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts