Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know, it's about damn time, hahah. 8 months and still completely stock, but now I got a few goodies added on. They're not new, they're off my roomates yellow F4i seen in the pics. He bought it all new and always takes care of his stuff, so it's all like new condition. It looks like he may be getting rid of his bike this weekend, and rather than leave them on the bike he asked me if I wanted them, and cut me a deal I couldn't resist. So I swapped everything over this afternoon and put his bike back to stock. Anyways..... no poking fun at my messy ass garage. I really need to clean it out one of these days, lol

Hindle slip-on

Ohlins steering damper

When it was on the other bike he noticed it would always vibrate and make noise cuz this ball socket moved around quite a bit, so I cut a little piece of rubber hose to fit in there and it holds it nice and steady.... no noise whatsoever

Sportech mirror windscreen

I waited for a break in the rain (we got that stinking tropical storm going by today), and went out for a ride. The exhaust sounds awsome! Has a nice deep tone and doesn't sound like a weedeater. Not overly loud which I like, and once you get to cruising on the highway you can't hear even hear it really until you hit the gas. Damper is also very nice! Now I just need my flushmounts and I think I'll be set for awile

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
No Worries said:
Good deal. Note to self: Always buy the same kind of bike as roommate.
Yeah no crap!! That rocks for you and him!!!

Everything looks good. Not too mention that you got a pipe and a steering dampner...both things that top my must have!

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
Sweet!!! And good to hear that you got a good deal.

However, are you planning on removing that funky-looking grab handle on your bike like your room mate did to his? I never understood why the manufacturers put the grab handle behind the passenger. When you are going forward, you want to hang on to something that is in front of you, not put your arms BEHIND you!!! :yikes:

I don't think I have ever seen a passenger use that rear-mounted grab handle!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments!! I've been riding around all day after I got off work today just to hear the exhaust.... it sounds SWEET! :dthumb:

Sime, I probably won't be removing the bar. I agree I do like the look better without it there, but I don't want open holes in the plastic, plus that bar makes holding the bike steady and upright while putting the rear up on the stand is hella easy!! It doesn't really bother me that much, so I'll leave it. The enormous mudflap HAD to go though! :lol:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Mud flaps on bikes suck!
I think its a DOT thing.
Glad to see the manufactures are making it easier to take it off.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Good you got a great deal. I was thinking about the GPR steering stabilizer, the Arata slip-on and a Puig windscreen.
I just got my Hotbodies Undertail today. I'm going to replace the front markers, I don't like flush mounts though. Think they are kinda :gary: :2cents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts