Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally dont use IE to browse, however since i got this mac laptop I dont seem to be able to view TWF on Firefox. Anyone else having problems? I think on my windows machine the Firefox browser works fine. Is it the mac? If nobody knows, i will look into it further and find the answer for us all.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Aaron said:
I normally dont use IE to browse, however since i got this mac laptop I dont seem to be able to view TWF on Firefox. Anyone else having problems? I think on my windows machine the Firefox browser works fine. Is it the mac? If nobody knows, i will look into it further and find the answer for us all.
I used to Firefox as my main browser, till it starting acting up with TWF and some other sites..kept coming up to the privacy policy page..i could then view new posts, and use it as usual, and still can..but Chris turned me onto Avant Browser has the tab feature like Mozilla, but I like alot better then Firefox. you also might try Crazy Browser

As far as I know, they will both work with Macs, but you'll wanna double check. :)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah, I rock. It took a while to get use to the advant but now I could never go back to IE!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I only use Avant when I sit at Matt's comp on the weekends. :) It is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
IE blows all kinda donkey arse!! nothing like a heavy browser, that crashes all the time, and doesnt have tabs!!! :puke:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
IE blows all kinda donkey arse!! nothing like a heavy browser, that crashes all the time, and doesnt have tabs!!! :puke:
Yeah tabs rock!!! :dthumb: IE sucks!!! :cursin:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
What is IE? I don't have any of that new fangled stuff available on my Vic 20. I do have the optional tape drive though - I can save a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 kb program in like 48 hours - it is fast as hell! Plus the fact that I can hook it up to my 1973 monochrome green and black monitor is so kick ass. I just waxed my 300 baud modem and it is FLYING! I am connecting at least 300.0000000001 on my awesome AOL Version .01. I love the internet!

Ok have to go adjust my kanutin valves and add some blinker fluid to the Vic 20, you know how unstable these things are.

Hope I was able to help with your problem.. :whistle:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
What is IE? I don't have any of that new fangled stuff available on my Vic 20. I do have the optional tape drive though - I can save a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 kb program in like 48 hours - it is fast as hell! Plus the fact that I can hook it up to my 1973 monochrome green and black monitor is so kick ass. I just waxed my 300 baud modem and it is FLYING! I am connecting at least 300.0000000001 on my awesome AOL Version .01. I love the internet!

Ok have to go adjust my kanutin valves and add some blinker fluid to the Vic 20, you know how unstable these things are.

Hope I was able to help with your problem.. :whistle:

Hey, atleast Im up with the times, my commodore 64 is a beast!! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright. i will see if i can look into the firefox problem. perhaps something else on the computer needs to be updated. i dont want 500 browsers, but i will check out the ones you suggested when i have some time. thanks

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
actually yeah, u r correct! I just tried it now, and it works like normal..Wierd indeed. Thanks for the update man!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
There's been some behind the scenes stuff thats been going on with Shan always looking to improve us, so that would be a logical assumption, but I guess we'll have to wait for the boss to chime in.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Mojo said:
According to a friend of mine, I believe that there was an html tag left open. Apparantly IE is more forgiving in that respect.
IE does tend to let everything and its brother come thru..hence the reason I cant stand it :D

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I have used IE for the longest time and tried a few others from time to time. But I have never had a problem with it. So I guess I am luck. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
So I guess I am luck. :D
or something else..but Im feeling nice today, so I'll let ya slide ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have never had problems with it either. its the problems going on behind you back that you dont know about that get to me. No matter what you use, you're not full prove, but with IE, you're just asking for someone to get you, lol....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.