Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so Im driving to work this morning in my car. I have to take the back roads because the usual route had an accident in the left hand turn lanes I usually use to get there. These alleyways are small but large enough for two lanes (one way traffic each side) and room to spare in each lane. From the direction I was going, my work parking lot is on the left hand side and about 100ft give or take. So, naturally I put my left turn signal on and slow down. Low and behold in my rear view mirror, I see the CBRF4i that works a couple buildings over screaming down the alleyway. I look and see that the road is clear on both sides (I say both sides because a lot of times there are Semi's dropping of materiels, blindly coming out of driveways, etc), and its clear and start to make my left turn. As Im turning, the next thing I know, that red CBR is RIGHT NEXT TO MY WINDOW ON THE DRIVERS SIDE!!! I slam on my brakes and he kind of wobbles very slightly, and then just takes off. I had to think there for a second. Did he just pass me on the left, while I was making a left, on a 2 lane road? There was PLENTY of room to pass me on the right! WTF was he thinking:cursin::cursin::cursin: ?!?!?!? If I was taking that turn any faster or sharper, this guy would have ate some pavement for sure, and my car would have had a huge dent in it. :bas: Dude, they teach you this stuff in regular driving school, dont you think it would mean a little more on a motorcycle to perform and foolish moves like this. Especially on this crazy road with construction and large trucks all over the place!!! Just made me mad because he knows my car and I know his bike. We pass eachother everyday and usually wave. It just totally threw me off and pissed me off at the same time. It was just a dumb move and I learned my lesson from it, and hopefully he did too (probably not) Oh, and yes he was wearing a helmet and gloves, but no jacket. K, I think Im done venting...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumblebee said:
Hopefully, when he changed his shorts when he got to work, he learned something...

I hope your right. If he keeps up these riding habits, he is gonna learn the hard way, fast. I just dont wanna be around when he does.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
You should just go knock over his bike and tell him it was inevidable and you thought you should just get it over with while it's parked.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Welcome to the new gayness of squidism!!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I've had someone pass me on a bike on the left side on the SV while I was makeing a left turn, glad I checked my mirrors, I even gave fair warning with the turn signal. Stupid squids!! two smashed bikes would not have been cool.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
THis type of accident is more common than you think!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.