Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Reno Fernley raceway...http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/index.php

Which is 4000feet in high elevation high desert... bout 60deg and 20% humidity..... and the track is not a NHRA track./...cant be u race the 1/4 up about a 20-30 elevation gain....... So noone expected 10's from this crappy of a track. But the Z1000 Ran a 12.2 all night.. so go to a NHRA track at sea level and i should be about a 11.0-11.2.

My first run i beat a '02 GSXR1000...12.42 to a 12.57.. last run lost to a CBR 954 12.24 to a 11.9.

Cant wait to get to a better track to get a decent time now.. but it was fun and even at elevation it still wheelied on the shift to second and the launch.

I need plastics though..lol Nakid bikes just dont have the top end.. i outlaunched nearly everybike there... but never had top end to hold em off past the 1/8 by far.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Glad you had fun!
You better hang on tight when you go down to sea level.
You may see more than a 1 second increase.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
only gve reaction time trap and ET. And the left lane trapspeed didnt work.. so my best run didnt have one..lol but had about .8RT's and around 116 or so actual top speed... so if i can pull a .25RT and a 135 trap speed on a level track at 1000feet i think i can turn 11.1 or better.. and hopefully break into the tens...

now im just debating doing bigger cams before i dynotune and advance the timing, gain some extra top end to hold with the SS bikes....I really want consistant tens.

·
Registered
955 Posts
ScottSellersUNR said:
only gve reaction time trap and ET. And the left lane trapspeed didnt work.. so my best run didnt have one..lol but had about .8RT's and around 116 or so actual top speed... so if i can pull a .25RT and a 135 trap speed on a level track at 1000feet i think i can turn 11.1 or better.. and hopefully break into the tens...

now im just debating doing bigger cams before i dynotune and advance the timing, gain some extra top end to hold with the SS bikes....I really want consistant tens.
Reaction time has nothing to do with your ET, the timer doesnt start till your front wheel breaks the beam...so the light could turn green and you could wait 10 seconds and then go and still run in the 10's....your 60 foot time will determine how good a launch you get and how good a time you will run...you want to get a 1.8 or better and youll be in the 10.s :cheers:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
But what about when you race... doesn't the timer start as soon as the tree goes green?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gas Man said:
But what about when you race... doesn't the timer start as soon as the tree goes green?
nope, timer wont start till your front wheel breaks the beam...you get a reaction time, thats the time it takes from the time the light goes green and the time it takes you to break the beam, then your et...I know a lot of people get confused on that......

that why you will see someone that runs a slower ET win a race, due to the fact they had a better reaction time....

sometimes youll see a 10.2 lose to a 10.5 cause the 10.5 person got the better reaction time (time from when the light went green to breaking the beam)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Alrighty... so if you beat me off the line (reaction time) but I run faster, but come in .4 behind you... I still win?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gas Man said:
Alrighty... so if you beat me off the line (reaction time) but I run faster, but come in .4 behind you... I still win?
no, you would have ran a better ET than me, but i would have won the race because it all depends on who crosses the finish line first....so if you cross the finish line first and run a 10.2 and i ran a 10.0 that means you beat me off the line by at least .210 seconds and got the win.. so according to our time slips I ran a better time than you but you won the race cause you crossed the line first, which means you beat me off the line and got a better reaction time........is that understandable...its kind of early here.......,

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Right! Ok then I wasn't messed up in my head... I thought you were saying it backwards.... that's why I was confused...thanks for the clarification!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts