Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the crappy weather finally parted ways with the enchanted mitten for at least a couple of days - few sprinkles today but nothing major - so we were finally able to take the first ride of the year to Toledo.. It was a good ride.. Even with threatening rain still had five peepz.. Unfortunately there is construction on 75 so we took 23 back.. Look forward to a few more Toledo runs this year.. Here are some pics, well at least my feeble attempt at pics - I had my camera set up wrong and didn't figure it out until it was too late - I will have much better pics next time...

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Good ride for sure! That way home didn't put you guys too far outta the way did it? It was much nicer w/o the construction.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ya sorry I bailed but I was getting SOAKED! Then I got drenched another 3 or 4 times going home.

Get soaked...

100mph...dry off

Get soaked...

100mph...dry off

Get soaked

100mph...dry off

Get soaked...

100mph...dry off

Get soaked...

100mph...dry off

Get soaked

100mph...dry off

You understand... it was starting to suck!

·
4,183 Posts
Hehe I somehow picked the magical route.. I only got hit by maybe 5 or so raindrops the whole ride! :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
WOW you got lucky POD!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I can handle some wetness, but I hate the wet soaked, dry off, soaked dry off, soaked dry off....I'd rather be soaked or dry the whole time.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's what I'm saying SV.... it didn't help that I was in my mesh and not leather...so the rain was going straight thru the jacket!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Gas Man said:
That's what I'm saying SV.... it didn't help that I was in my mesh and not leather...so the rain was going straight thru the jacket!
Everytime I have this happen I am in baggy jeans, and my mesh with a T-shirt under the mesh. Soooo Uncomfortable!

·
4,183 Posts
Yeah, and the rain we've had hasnt just been rain... but pourin down, cant see a freakin thing, flood the road instantly kinds of rain...

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Yeah, and the rain we've had hasnt just been rain... but pourin down, cant see a freakin thing, flood the road instantly kinds of rain...
I've been in that situation SO many times in town, back roads, and interstate, and big trucks don't help any. I don't know why I just don't pull over I always just want to get it over with so I press on.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
SV..that is more or less what I had... mesh with a t-shirt...

POD...you are soooo right!! I mean when I got to the m14/94 split to the west of AA heading east...it was raining and I could see the "wall" of rain ahead of me on 94... so I bailed north onto m14. I went on a exit ramp and called Chev. I could hear the thunder getting closer and closer... then it started to rain harder and harder...so I headed north... hoping to not get wet again but that didn't work... 4 more times going home... oh well... got alot of good miles on the bike!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:jacked:

So you got hit with some sprinkles Gas - suck it up.. just kidding..

Yeah I got lucky too - never hit any rain except in Toledo just a little bit..

Looking forward to some more group rides and some better pictures.. That was my first attempt and I failed miserably..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I don't think so... I got drenched like 5 times or somin...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts