Two Wheel Forums banner

flat tire

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
okay.....i know i dont put any fix a flat.....but do i got to buy a new tire??????

i went to go to work today and the bike was hard to roll.....i looked down and the tire was flat FRONT TIRE

any suggestions on what i do?

i am very tired right now but i am going to look at it after dinner or tomarow and give more details, but i dident run anything over i THINK

#2 ·
you could stick a sticky plug in it if its un the middle of the tire. If its the side of the tire punctured then your screwed. Since this is a flat front tire I would recommend this tho. I would say get a new front rubber.

#3 ·
Find the leak before you freak!!! It could be a simple puncture that can be repaired and you go on, no problems...if it is large hole you need to make a decision considering safety and your tire. If it's a side wall, no brainer, new tire...remember, those tires are the only things keeping you upright and going. You want to ride on them with doubts???

#4 ·
bumblebee said:
Find the leak before you freak!!! It could be a simple puncture that can be repaired and you go on, no problems...if it is large hole you need to make a decision considering safety and your tire. If it's a side wall, no brainer, new tire...remember, those tires are the only things keeping you upright and going. You want to ride on them with doubts???
how do i find the leak.....i have to way to put air into the tire .... i havent looked yet so it might be a huge gash but.......

#5 ·
Bull, I have a suggestion for you. Do a pre-ride check BEFORE rolling the bike out of the garage. You should have looked the bike over and seen the flat front tire before you ever moved it. You also want to make sure all of your lights work, check your cables, chain, clutch, throttle, brakes, etc. BEFORE going out for a ride. Just a suggestion that I'm sure you'll find in the MSF manual as well. ;)

#6 ·
Captain Morgan said:
Bull, I have a suggestion for you. Do a pre-ride check BEFORE rolling the bike out of the garage. You should have looked the bike over and seen the flat front tire before you ever moved it. You also want to make sure all of your lights work, check your cables, chain, clutch, throttle, brakes, etc. BEFORE going out for a ride. Just a suggestion that I'm sure you'll find in the MSF manual as well. ;)
yeah i know......i was in a rush

#7 ·
bulldog said:
yeah i know......i was in a rush
That can get you killed. Oh, and to find the leak, fill the tire with air and then dip the tire in water and it will bubble at the location of the leak. Since you'll have to remove the wheel anyway to have it fixed, you can just fill the bathtub and dip the tire in the tub (but don't let mom see you do that). Rotate the tire until you see the air bubbles.

#8 ·
OK to find the leak...Take the front tire off the the bike. Over fill it with air...if it calls for 32-36lbs of air, put in 42... then take the tire next door and lay it down into the kiddie pool and look for the bubbles mark the spot with masking tape and go home and examine the tire closely at the spot and find the puncture...

Yeah, what the Capt said...he beat me to it... :dthumb:

#9 ·
yeah i figured that but it is troule without a stand

#10 ·
Captain Morgan said:
That can get you killed. Oh, and to find the leak, fill the tire with air and then dip the tire in water and it will bubble at the location of the leak. Since you'll have to remove the wheel anyway to have it fixed, you can just fill the bathtub and dip the tire in the tub (but don't let mom see you do that). Rotate the tire until you see the air bubbles.

I'd put it in the tub! Piss mom off! j/k , I mean you can clean it anyways so she shouldn't get pissed if you do that.

#11 · (Edited)
bulldog said:
yeah i figured that but it is troule without a stand
Remember, Egyptians built pyramids without modern
Technology or equipment. You can’t come up with any way to fill it, remove it or test it? I'll tell you what. Since you have reached the end of your rope as a bike owner with this one, I will come over and take it. I think I could find a way to get it fixed.
It might be easier for you to just get a new bike.
Cant never did anything. It is a friggin flat. No disrespect but if you cant handle a flat tire then how can you be sure any other curtail Maintenance has been done?
For a group of guys that worry about what you wear when
out riding. I now see why it is so important. You ride un maintenanced equipment. If a consumable item fails it over :scratch: . Just get out your best leathers because your gonna need them. No disrespect but this is a way of
"biker" life. Brakes , Tires, clutches, Chains ,sprockets, oil, Filter and lights. These are all consumables. They dont have a set time frame of life. We would like for them to last forever but they dont. They need to be fixed, It costs.
I hate to sound like big brother or dad, but what was going through your ninds when you bought. But I see others post "this guy bought a bike just to be cool!" "He cant ride". And crap like that. But then you see a flat tire bring the end of the world out and you want to say look who's talking. Sorry to rant, but a flat?
Please just get it fixed. Start posting about your riding not your woes.

#12 ·
Earlzach said:
Remember, Egyptians built pyramids without modern
Technology or equipment. You can’t come up with any way to fill it, remove it or test it? I'll tell you what. Since you have reached the end of your rope as a bike owner with this one, I will come over and take it. I think I could find a way to get it fixed.
It might be easier for you to just get a new bike.
Cant never did anything. It is a friggin flat. No disrespect but if you cant handle a flat tire then how can you be sure any other curtail Maintenance has been done?
For a group of guys that worry about what you wear when
out riding. I now see why it is so important. You ride un maintenanced equipment. If a consumable item fails it over :scratch: . Just get out your best leathers because your gonna need them. No disrespect but this is a way of
"biker" life. Brakes , Tires, clutches, Chains ,sprockets, oil, Filter and lights. These are all consumables. They dont have a set time frame of life. We would like for them to last forever but they dont. They need to be fixed, It costs.
I hate to sound like big brother or dad, but what was going through your ninds when you bought. But I see others post "this guy bought a bike just to be cool!" "He cant ride". And crap like that. But then you see a flat tire bring the end of the world out and you want to say look who's talking. Sorry to rant, but a flat?
Please just get it fixed. Start posting about your riding not your woes.
hey dog you need to chill the reason i was asking was i whanted to know if there is a way to check without going and takeing off the tire, b/c io dont have a ****in stand

bring me to the end of the world????? you are a ****in moron dude i was just potin that i got a flat and was asking one thing about it ...... i replaced the front tires by myself so obviously i can fix the flat i just dont have money to buy a new ****in tire so i was asking if it can be repaired b/c i wasent sure, so if you dont like me or my posts then **** you and dont come in and post in here

#13 ·
Bull, fill up the tire to 40 psi and mix some dish soap with water and pour it on the tire till you find the leak,

Im not a big fan of patching motorcycle tires, mostly cause i do a lot of high speed runs at the drag strip etc, but let me say this, if a rear tire lets go you have a one in 10 of not crashing, if the front tire lets go you have a zero in ten of not crashing,,,,just my two cents,,,,,,,

Jack

#14 ·
bulldog said:
hey dog you need to chill the reason i was asking was i whanted to know if there is a way to check without going and takeing off the tire, b/c io dont have a ****in stand

bring me to the end of the world????? you are a ****in moron dude i was just potin that i got a flat and was asking one thing about it ...... i replaced the front tires by myself so obviously i can fix the flat i just dont have money to buy a new ****in tire so i was asking if it can be repaired b/c i wasent sure, so if you dont like me or my posts then **** you and dont come in and post in here

:yikes: Watch it Bull, or you might end up like Pgirlie. There is no reason for you to fire back at him. He really didn't really throw fire at you.

#15 ·
bulldog said:

Why all of the name calling? You say I'm a moron, look at your post! You asked about it, peeps gave you ideas and you had a reason for each one why you couldnt do this or do that. Now your a flat tire master because someone pointed out how rediculas this was getting. You dont need to remove the tire or wheel. I would have said you could pump it up and spray it with something while it is on the bike but you couldnt even get it pumped up. So what could anyone suggest to you that you could do? You countered every Idea. All i said was it was a flat, it isnt even a postable comment if your already an expert, (which you were looking far from) before I posted about consumable items. Hey if you know all about fixing and changing them then it should have been a "I had to REPAIR a flat post. Not a "What should I do now"? Can anyone tell me if the rim is hitting the ground, do I need air :scratch: ? I think you got po'ed when you saw how rediculas this was getting. We did five pages of a clutch post, everyone agreed Clutches were bad. So he changed his chain and sprockets instead. I didnt want to see a flat tire go five pages. It is not about "if I dont like you", What kinda crap is that? Grow up. You fire at people like many from your keyboard as if it holds weight. I laugh at it. So if you feel it necessary to do it again feel free. It wont add to your getting help in the future if say your grips wear out what do you do?
Just lighten up and get the tire fixed, you not the first to have a flat. Just the first that needed help on determining if it was a flat or not.
So :cheers: if your old enough. Take things lighter bro.

#16 ·
GsxrJack said:
Bull, fill up the tire to 40 psi and mix some dish soap with water and pour it on the tire till you find the leak,

Im not a big fan of patching motorcycle tires, mostly cause i do a lot of high speed runs at the drag strip etc, but let me say this, if a rear tire lets go you have a one in 10 of not crashing, if the front tire lets go you have a zero in ten of not crashing,,,,just my two cents,,,,,,,

Jack
:iagree: just put more pressure in the tire than what is needed, then mix water and dish soap (it suds up well). I usually use a sponge or a rag to put the soap on to check for a leak, if you pour the water and soap on you can wash away the suds and may never spot the leak if it's small. Just watch for it to bubble up and there's your problem. Also check your valve stem.

#17 ·
SVupON1 said:
[/B]

:yikes: Watch it Bull, or you might end up like Pgirlie. There is no reason for you to fire back at him. He really didn't really throw fire at you.
fuk it right now i am so pissed, he dident throw fire at me? in my mind he did so if i get trashed then i trash back i aint gonna LET this fool talk like that to me and not sday nothin about it

#18 · (Edited)
Earlzach said:
Why all of the name calling? You say I'm a moron, look at your post! You asked about it, peeps gave you ideas and you had a reason for each one why you couldnt do this or do that. Now your a flat tire master because someone pointed out how rediculas this was getting. You dont need to remove the tire or wheel. I would have said you could pump it up and spray it with something while it is on the bike but you couldnt even get it pumped up. So what could anyone suggest to you that you could do? You countered every Idea. All i said was it was a flat, it isnt even a postable comment if your already an expert, (which you were looking far from) before I posted about consumable items. Hey if you know all about fixing and changing them then it should have been a "I had to REPAIR a flat post. Not a "What should I do now"? Can anyone tell me if the rim is hitting the ground, do I need air :scratch: ? I think you got po'ed when you saw how rediculas this was getting. We did five pages of a clutch post, everyone agreed Clutches were bad. So he changed his chain and sprockets instead. I didnt want to see a flat tire go five pages. It is not about "if I dont like you", What kinda crap is that? Grow up. You fire at people like many from your keyboard as if it holds weight. I laugh at it. So if you feel it necessary to do it again feel free. It wont add to your getting help in the future if say your grips wear out what do you do?
Just lighten up and get the tire fixed, you not the first to have a flat. Just the first that needed help on determining if it was a flat or not.
So :cheers: if your old enough. Take things lighter bro.
you got no idea what ur talkin about there? change sprockets?

EXTREME EDIT: your not worth geting banned for

#20 ·
Grafixx01 said:
Ok people, time to
and make up before we get another one locked or someone else gets banned.
hey graf get that avator baby on him for me, im sure he can take him

#21 ·
bulldog said:
fuk it right now i am so pissed, he dident throw fire at me? in my mind he did so if i get trashed then i trash back i aint gonna LET this fool talk like that to me and not sday nothin about it
I havent lost my cool over you at all. Fire at you, well if pointing out a flat tire is not that big of a deal, then If I were you I would stay away from spilled milk. You have acted like the biggest baby Ive seen. It is no wander you need to have your hand held over a flat tire. I am sorry for not recognizing your youth prior to my post. If i could give you a tissue I would. It wouldnt fix your tire any quicker, but at least your vision wouldnt be blurred from your tears.
And as far as I dont know nothing about a Chain and sprockett, That is BULL sh!t it's self. A few others were in on this post to give assistance and the majority said Clutch, the end repair was everything but. He did a chain and sprocket set. So keep your nose out of that one. Don't know what I'm talking about? Please. Oh and if you have to
edit all of your posts for the fear of being banned, Dont do it on my account. You cant get under my skin.

#22 ·
Bull, I have to say that I agree with Earl on this one. Like I said in my post, you should have seen the flat tire LONG before you ever tried to move the bike. Motorcycling is not about JUST riding. There is a lot of maintenance and cost involved. You can NOT be in a hurry to do anything when it comes to a motorcycle. As I said before, being in a hurry will kill you. We've all given you suggestions on how to find the leak, but as Jack said, I sure as hell would not ride on a patched front tire. You need to replace it, regardless of how small the leak is. Those tires are the only things connecting you to the road and you ONLY have two of them. You're going to have to buy a new tire if you want to ride. And please, start doing pre-ride checks, do NOT be in a hurry. If you're in a hurry, then just take the cage.

#23 ·
OK first off! Everybody calm down! Here's a Star Wars freak air humpin to make everybody :lol:

Now, Bull, Earl is a good guy and he is very good guy for some good knowledge.

Earl, understand that Bull is 16 or 17... and that may explain some things...
Now to get this back on subject!

Bull, please don't mess with "fixing or patching" the front tire. It is WAY TOO DANGEROUS!! Please Please Please don't do it!

If it was your back tire I would say "well, ok, but be carefull".

But with it being your front, it's too risky. If your "repair/fix" fails on you and the circumstances aren't just perfectly right, you WILL go down! PERIOD!

Bull, listen up!

Everybody else! :wtf: are you guys thinking or not? I mean it's fine if it's a rim leak but anything wrong with the tire means its now JUNK!

Maybe it's just my POV and :2cents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.