Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
If i thought i was going to die id slow down. It actually sounds like a reasonable thing to go to the mall and blend in. For someone scared outta his mind he still had a good idea. I read it but did it say why he ran to begin with? BusaBabe glad to see you posting again!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
If i thought i was going to die id slow down. It actually sounds like a reasonable thing to go to the mall and blend in. For someone scared outta his mind he still had a good idea. I read it but did it say why he ran to begin with? BusaBabe glad to see you posting again!
It did say! or thats what I got from it.
Rodriguez was wanted on an arrest warrant for a previous speeding ticket, Hahn said. She said he had two suspended drivers licenses.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
you know, if he didnt use his credit card, then maybe he would have gotten away with it. They tracked him easily down because he purchased something with his credit card minutes after the chase ended on the bike. Should've used cash idiot! :bslap: He deserves whatever he gets. for a second there i thought this chase was in Glendale, AZ. I was like WHOA, how'd I miss that!?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Days of out running cops in Calif are gone. Few years ago Calif passed law, out running cops felony with automatic prison time.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I would say the days of out running the cops is gone in Cali...not for the possible jail time. Cause that is everywhere. But due to the oustounding number of helicopters in the air 24/7. It doesn't have to be a police chopper, it can be a news chopper and they will still follow you the entire time and then you're caught!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:yikes: That isn't a good thing! Maybe it's time for a touring bike for the street or something more laid back!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Gas Man said:
I would say the days of out running the cops is gone in Cali...not for the possible jail time. Cause that is everywhere. But due to the oustounding number of helicopters in the air 24/7. It doesn't have to be a police chopper, it can be a news chopper and they will still follow you the entire time and then you're caught!
Trick to out running cops, do it quick ;) These days if you spend more than five mins running, you will be busted. Five years ago, if busted running from cops all you recieved was reckless driving ticket. Today its prison :yikes:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
jetskifast said:
Trick to out running cops, do it quick ;) These days if you spend more than five mins running, you will be busted. Five years ago, if busted running from cops all you recieved was reckless driving ticket. Today its prison :yikes:

I agree. Or you just blow past them at a speed they know they can't catch up to you at, like when they are sitting there and you go past at like 80+mph. I mean, what cop in their right mind will think they can catch you. I had a cop in the marked El Paso, Texas camaro ask me to race him when I stopped to get gas. I was like, down I10? He said yes, then I was like, "So when I win, does that mean you write me a ticket?" He was like, "No ticket, I asked you to race." I didn't do it though cause you know you can't trust 'em!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Pigface1 said:
Unless I have a thousand pounds of cocaine or I just went on a 12 state killing spree, I'm not running from cops.
:iagree: The problem with trying to outrun a helicopter is not the speed, it's the quantity. Your average helicopter will do 120-130 knots which = 130-140 mph, but when you get two or three of them (maybe even 4 or 5 with news choppers) gridding you out...you don't stand a chance.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
2FURYUS said:
:iagree: The problem with trying to outrun a helicopter is not the speed, it's the quantity. Your average helicopter will do 120-130 knots which = 130-140 mph, but when you get two or three of them (maybe even 4 or 5 with news choppers) gridding you out...you don't stand a chance.
Um, I think that if your bike could hit like 175+, or even that guy who has a busa that set like a record on the salt flats at around 300mph, it can be done to outrun the cops in their helicopters. And I think the only helicopter that could possibly keep up a fight is like the Apache or the U.S. Army's Comanche helicopter.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
I agree. Or you just blow past them at a speed they know they can't catch up to you at, like when they are sitting there and you go past at like 80+mph. I mean, what cop in their right mind will think they can catch you.

Grew up Oakland-Berkeley hills, home to back road racing Bay Area CA :cheers: In my day we never stopped for cop, 99% of time nobody every got caught, unless you crashed.
Problem was it went to your head how easy it was. One day was pulling wheel stand in downtown Berkekey went on by cop :yikes: First reaction run, big mistake since in city, lost cop who saw me. But radio can find you, driving speed limit had cop car slide right in front of me at intersection with me hitting side door :crazy:
In the end recieved reckless driving ticket $200 and payed $150 to fix cop car door. Today would never out run cop even if doing 170 MPH, penalty not worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts