Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW TO AVOID THE FLU .....Read it all.......

- Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.

- Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin c.

- Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system.

Walk for at least hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

- Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around.

- Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible.

- Get plenty of rest.

- Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

OR .... You can take the doctors office approach like I do.
Think about it, when you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol. Why? Because alcohol kills germs. So......

I walk to the liquor store (exercise), I put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air), get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest).

The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu germs can't get you!!!!

GIT R DONE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
dude, i wanna go to ur doctor :D ...mine just says go eat some soup and get box of tissues.. :puke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
actually, they swab your arm with povidone iodine to kill the nasties. THEN they swab it with isopropyl alcohol to basically clean away the iodine in an aseptic fashion.

(...if you're not clear on aseptic... google > define: aseptic ...and it'll clear it up...) :lol:

this has been a public health service announcement. now then, we take you back to your regularly scheduled programming already in progress.

:screwy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Violet said:
actually, they swab your arm with povidone iodine to kill the nasties. THEN they swab it with isopropyl alcohol to basically clean away the iodine in an aseptic fashion.

(...if you're not clear on aseptic... google > define: aseptic ...and it'll clear it up...) :lol:

this has been a public health service announcement. now then, we take you back to your regularly scheduled programming already in progress.

:screwy:

Really. I have always seen them open a alcohol swab and nothing else.
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Here's one for ya:

The flu shot gives you a 52% better chance of not getting the flu.


Waiting in line with sick and elderly trying to get the flu shot makes your chances of being exposed to the flu like 70%.

I'm not that much of a gambler.... but those don't look like good odds to me :)


I like Mudpuppy's plan better! :dthumb: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
double2000r6 said:
-
I walk to the liquor store (exercise), I put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air), get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest).

The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu germs can't get you!!!!

GIT R DONE
Now that's what I'm talking about! :dthumb:

I have never had a flu shot and have maybe had the flu once in my life, and I realy can't remember if I did. I get pretty lucky when it comes to getting sick. Heck being pregnant wasn't even bad for me! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
Now that's what I'm talking about! :dthumb:

I have never had a flu shot and have maybe had the flu once in my life, and I realy can't remember if I did. I get pretty lucky when it comes to getting sick. Heck being pregnant wasn't even bad for me! :lol:
dont jinx urself there girl..u know ur bound to get that thing now.. ;)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top