Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bored today so I thought I'd throw out a question that I've had in my head for awhile.

At track days (I don't race), one of the rules is that streetbikes must have the brake light disconnected, or taped up heavily so that it can't be seen. Why, exactly, do they have that rule? Are they afraid that you'll bring attention to your bike and the guy behind you will target fixate? Or is there some other reason?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
All of those reasons.

The reason is also for the same reason that you tape up all the other lights....to keep glass and plastic shards off the track in the even of a bike down...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gas Man said:
All of those reasons.

The reason is also for the same reason that you tape up all the other lights....to keep glass and plastic shards off the track in the even of a bike down...
Yeah, I knew about wanting to keep glass and plastic shards off the track, but I wasn't sure about why they wanted to make absolutely sure the brake light couldn't be seen, even if it was taped over.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Taping up/Turning off Brake Lights for Track Day

I believe it is for following reasons:

They should be taped for the following:

Protect for glass/plastic on the track in the event of a grash.

Prevent focusing on others braking points and when they miss you fixating on their mistake.

Learning your own braking/reference points.

They should be disconnected, fuse pulled, or bulbs removed for the following:

Showing through for the above reasons and so the adhesive on the tape does not get melted to the lense making it a pain in the a$$ to clean off when putting it back on the street.

:bthorse:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts