Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a bike in the parking lot the other day that had frame sliders on only ONE side. :crazy: Why wouldn't you want them on both sides? :screwy:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Was it a SV?
I know a guy that ordered a set for his SVS and they sent the older style.
The bolt on one side was wrong.
He rode for two weeks like that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Maybe he's just really bad at Left hand turns (or right, depending on which side they were on). And figures he's more likly to low side on that side than high side.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
My riding buddy with a 2004 Honda 919 welded a frame slider together out of some scrap metal. Well I called him up on short notice for a big ride out. He took this heavy set girl with him. We met up and he showed me his frame slider. I said where's the other one at, and he said he hadn't finished it yet. Well we were about to roll out and he gets on the bike and begins to put up the kick stand when this big girl just jumps on the rear set. My bud says GET OFF GET OFF [email protected]#! Well I just looked up from getting my helmet on, and I see the bike go over and this big girl rollin like a ball down a hill into a ditch. I tried everything to not LMMFAO in front of him, but I couldn't help it I just lost it when I went to go help him pick the bike up. Luckly his home made frame slider on the one side saved everything on his bike from getting scratched. I still LMFAO about that girl rollin down the hill!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Little late for frame sliders for me.. I tried using the factory plastics and bolts - didn't work too well.. :bash: :bash: :bash:

At least now I won't feel as bad if I lowside it... Just have to make sure it is on the right and no bounce this time because my left mirror is still intact..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
SVupON1 said:
My riding buddy with a 2004 Honda 919 welded a frame slider together out of some scrap metal. Well I called him up on short notice for a big ride out. He took this heavy set girl with him. We met up and he showed me his frame slider. I said where's the other one at, and he said he hadn't finished it yet. Well we were about to roll out and he gets on the bike and begins to put up the kick stand when this big girl just jumps on the rear set. My bud says GET OFF GET OFF [email protected]#! Well I just looked up from getting my helmet on, and I see the bike go over and this big girl rollin like a ball down a hill into a ditch. I tried everything to not LMMFAO in front of him, but I couldn't help it I just lost it when I went to go help him pick the bike up. Luckly his home made frame slider on the one side saved everything on his bike from getting scratched. I still LMFAO about that girl rollin down the hill!
That homemade!?????

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
that girl was prolly HOMEMADE cookin large

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
LMMFAO............I know I would never take that large of a woman with me, she'd flattin my tires.. LMFAO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts