Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definately want to get frame sliders. I currently have Bar-end sliders. I just dont know which ones to get for the frame. Any suggestions?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
This has been discussed in depth here....

Frame Sliders thread

There are many many more threads that dicuss it!

Intuitive, Shogun, Vortex are all good brands!!!

DO NOT!!

DO NOT buy lockhart phillips carbon inlay sliders!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gas Man said:
This has been discussed in depth here....

Frame Sliders thread

There are many many more threads that dicuss it!

Intuitive, Shogun, Vortex are all good brands!!!

DO NOT!!

DO NOT buy lockhart phillips carbon inlay sliders!!!

:sorry: Yea I probably should have looked at other threads but I appreciate the shortcut! Thanks :dthumb:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just quickly checked speedwerks. All they had for frame sliders that were worthy are the Vortex ones, but not for my year (only for 03-up):nonod: . I hope they have more inventory than in their online catalog...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ya I meant to say that too but was disctracted by somin...

Just call SpeedWerks and they'll hook you up with some good stuff!

·
Registered
893 Posts
snadamo said:
just quickly checked speedwerks. All they had for frame sliders that were worthy are the Vortex ones, but not for my year (only for 03-up):nonod: . I hope they have more inventory than in their online catalog...
The problem with the 98-02 Ninjas is that there isn't a good solid mount for a frame slider. The ones that are available for it use a fairing mount which in our experience isn't very solid and it tends to just bend and/or break, which sorta defeats the purpose of having the sliders on there.

- Roach

·
Registered
893 Posts
snadamo said:
Why yes, yes we do. About 20,000 products more. Starting an online business is slow and takes time. We are getting products in as quickly as we can, but it definitely doesn't happen overnight. :cheers:

--Laura

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe Ill e mail or give you guys a call. There has to be some good frame sliders for the 98-02 Ninja's. I Probably just need to do some research. Thanks for the reply! :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You must be referring to the 6R's on that statement Roach. My '02 9R is a direct bolt up into the engine mount!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SpeedWerks.com said:
The problem with the 98-02 Ninjas is that there isn't a good solid mount for a frame slider. The ones that are available for it use a fairing mount which in our experience isn't very solid and it tends to just bend and/or break, which sorta defeats the purpose of having the sliders on there.

- Roach
I am willing to cut or mod the fairings to mount them. The fairings are banged up enough anyway. I just want something so if I lay it down, I wont have to go replace the right rearset, right passenger bracket, muffler (was a Yosh RS3 Carbon Fiber, too), stator cap, frame screws and bolts again. Besides, Im fairly decent with a Dremel tool :dthumb: .

·
Registered
946 Posts
I think I'm going to get some Vortex sliders from SpeedWerks.

Somewhere, I have also seen little sliders that go on the swingarm & protect the rear end, as well as bar-end sliders. Are those worth having? Where can I get some? Do the bar end sliders have any weight to them, like the bar weights? Will the weights act as a slider in the event of a crash?

Man, I'm full of questions.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
You can get sliders for the front forks, bars ends, frame and rear swing arm for most popular Sport Bikes. The ones that fit the swing arm usually act as spools for rear stand also.

·
20,168 Posts
snadamo said:
I am willing to cut or mod the fairings to mount them. The fairings are banged up enough anyway. I just want something so if I lay it down, I wont have to go replace the right rearset, right passenger bracket, muffler (was a Yosh RS3 Carbon Fiber, too), stator cap, frame screws and bolts again. Besides, Im fairly decent with a Dremel tool :dthumb: .
Frame sliders wont protect all that. It cant hurt to have them but, they are designed to protect the side of the frame and maybe the tank in a simple tip over. They will minimize damage to plastic as well.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
jtemple said:
I think I'm going to get some Vortex sliders from SpeedWerks.

Somewhere, I have also seen little sliders that go on the swingarm & protect the rear end, as well as bar-end sliders. Are those worth having? Where can I get some? Do the bar end sliders have any weight to them, like the bar weights? Will the weights act as a slider in the event of a crash?

Man, I'm full of questions.
I have never been a fan of aftermarket bar end sliders... they DON'T have the weight and usually add to bar vibes!

I strongly suggest swing arm sliders... I have seen then get rashed on my simple crashes... thinking they saved the swing arm from the rash!

·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
I have never been a fan of aftermarket bar end sliders... they DON'T have the weight and usually add to bar vibes!

I strongly suggest swing arm sliders... I have seen then get rashed on my simple crashes... thinking they saved the swing arm from the rash!
Mostly the axel nut on the left. The can usually take the brunt of the damage on the right.

·
Registered
946 Posts
jeeps84 said:
I have never used them but that looked like a bit on the high side for price.
They're comparable in price to the Vortex sliders from SpeedWerks. The reason they're more is because the Motosliders come with swingarm sliders as well. As far as I can tell, the Vortex sliders are just two for the frame.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.