Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my friend here in Texas today. This guy I know from when I was stationed here on Fort Bliss. He rides a GSXR, well, I should say rode a GSXR.

He told me he got into a really bad accident up in Albuquerque, NM. He told me he was doing about 75mph down one of the streets there and some old man decided he was going to dart across the street in his Lexus with his wife in the car too. They were both around like 60+ years old. My friend T-boned the car right in the passenger side front door, flew over the car and slid down the highway. He wasn't seriously injured though, got MAJOR road rash, but he was ok. They maxed out the 25K Medical on the insurance though.

So the insurance said it was like going to be around $15K to fix the car and the bike, well they didn't total it out so they paid him $2K for damages cause they said that is all that it was "appraised" at. He sold the bike to a salvage yard and vowed to never ride again.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeeps84 said:
Watch out for those damn cages!

Don't I know. I've been run off the road like probably around 18 times since I've been down here in El Paso, Texas. No wonder why my mom wanted me to give everyone I know her number, guess she thinks something bad is gonna happen. Oh well, she'll collect $25K.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Graff..if that car was at fault by the police I think I would be sueing! Cause it don't sound like he got a good deal on it. $2k is all the bike is worth? :skep: ya maybe after it was totalled! I'd be fighting this one!

But beyond that glad to hear that he is ok but sorry to hear he's going to hang up his helmet for good!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Sometimes Michigan "No Fault" insurance is not such a bad thing. LOL

Assuming trhis friend was smart enough to wear a helmet? COuld have been worse, but he was smart enough to be wearing some gear at least.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I've had people here play "games" like that. I was traveling east on a one way street and had a car pull out from the right to cross the road and stop. I moved over to the left lane and he pulled across that lane and stopped...I tucked in and rolled on full throttle and went for his door...When he realized I was going to t-bone his door at 120, he floored it and got out of the way...If he was going to try to hurt me, I was taking him with me...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is some funny $hit Bee!

Ace... I have the no fault crap we have here in Michigan!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bumblebee said:
I've had people here play "games" like that. I was traveling east on a one way street and had a car pull out from the right to cross the road and stop. I moved over to the left lane and he pulled across that lane and stopped...I tucked in and rolled on full throttle and went for his door...When he realized I was going to t-bone his door at 120, he floored it and got out of the way...If he was going to try to hurt me, I was taking him with me...

That's funny. I did that on the highway cause someone didn't wanna move outa the way when I was comin' up from behind, so I kinda did a "Torque" move, well, without the wheel cause I don't know how to do that. But I did chirp and smoke the tyre when I kicked it from 3rd to 4th.

But on the friends accident note, the insurance and cops found the car at fault and my friend. Car, cause he shouldn't have pulled out. Friend cause well, he shouldn't have been going as fast as he was.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
"I long to hold you at night in my arms, fall asleep together, look into your eyes, tell you I love you, make you happy, spend every possible moment I can with you and talk to you all the time." ~GraffixX01

:puke: Well there goes my dinner! :lol:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ace said:
"I long to hold you at night in my arms, fall asleep together, look into your eyes, tell you I love you, make you happy, spend every possible moment I can with you and talk to you all the time." ~GraffixX01

:puke: Well there goes my dinner! :lol:

Why you hatin' on me Ace? You jealous? I thik you are... :tt:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Why you hatin' on me Ace? You jealous? I thik you are... :tt:

Jealous?? Damn you got me. Um, NOT!
My young lad, in due time you will learn, for now its acceptable to be completely P-whipped. LOL
I mean hell why not just make your avatar a picture of you and her spooning. :rofl: :willy:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ace said:
My young lad, in due time you will learn, for now its acceptable to be completely P-whipped. LOL
I mean hell why not just make your avatar a picture of you and her spooning. :rofl: :willy:
Um, I think ShanMan would ban me for life if I did that. Then I'd have noplace to go besides my apartment, ride my bike, her house (if she lets me in) and that really, really bad place where they make you do things but some times you get this thing twice a month or more. It allows you to get other things. I don't have much of it so I forget what it's called. :scratch:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I think you're lookin' for "job", "pay check" and "money" there Graff.....:D

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guideon72 said:
I think you're lookin' for "job", "pay check" and "money" there Graff.....:D

That's it...But that first one should be STRICKEN from the men's dictionary! I think it should be like on "The Family Guy", guys apply for Welfare and the government pays you like $150,000 a year ALL TAX FREE. How does that sound?

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Ace said:
Wow...just wow....I have no comment for that at all.

:leaving:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:hug: it's Twisty's sweet side!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts