4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
twisty said:
Why are you selling it?
I'll be leaving my job next year and moving to a different city. I'll be taking a paycut and I need to save as much money as possible over the course of the next year. If I sell the bike, then I will eliminate the payment and any other money that would be spent on other mods, insurance, gas, etc. That money will then go into savings so that I can buy a house when I move. I hate the idea of renting so I need to save as much as possible for a down payment to purchase a house. I'll buy another bike in 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
That stinks Captain, if you told me about that before I bought mine I would've came to IN and gave you like $6K cash for it. But alas, I bought my bike already. Hope you get what you want for it.

Good luck,

G

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'm confident that it will pull at least $6K because stock bikes with the same mileage have been going for $6500-$7800 on eBay. I have over $1700 worth of mods on the bike, which should MORE than offset the minor damage. I owe $7400 on it right now, so I really need for it to pull $6K at bare minimum. Sure, I could have set a reserve price on the bike, but I've noticed that most bikes with reserves haven't been bid on near as much as bikes without a reserve so I decided to gamble. Let's hope the gamble pays off for me.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
jeeps84 said:
:luck: with all you auctions!
What about the gear?

He said he's gonna get another bike in a couple of years. So why get rid of the gear? :scratch:

But yeah, Captain, I would've loved to have that for like $6500. That would've been great. Just would've gotten a paint job though. Not feelin' the blue.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jeeps84 said:
Then the gear would be old and dated. Somebody should get the good out of it. :2cents:
Well, the leathers are worn from sliding across the asphault when I low sided, so I think I already got the good out of them. :lol: I'll consider listing the gear as well, but haven't decided for sure yet.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Thanks. I'm confident that it will pull at least $6K because stock bikes with the same mileage have been going for $6500-$7800 on eBay. I have over $1700 worth of mods on the bike, which should MORE than offset the minor damage. I owe $7400 on it right now, so I really need for it to pull $6K at bare minimum. Sure, I could have set a reserve price on the bike, but I've noticed that most bikes with reserves haven't been bid on near as much as bikes without a reserve so I decided to gamble. Let's hope the gamble pays off for me.

Im sure youll get $6000 for it. My buddy and I have been doing online shopping/browsing for bike since March this year. I have noticed the steady increase of prices on bikes on e bay and cycletrader. Hell i saw a decent 98 CBR 600 with 15K that went for $7,000!!! This is the best time to sell your bike. The market is perfect. Its summer and everybody wants to ride. My buddy is waiting till the november december months to buy a bike so the prices go down.
In your case, you have an 05 R6 with mods! (not crappy ones might I add) with a clean title. E bayers eat that up! Just be careful for those scammers. I see its already up to $4,050 with 6 days left.
Captain I hope your financial issues will be resolved soon and Im sorry that you have to sell your bike. :luck: with the sale and I hope all will be well!

·
Registered
519 Posts
30 minutes! Man, that was a long run. How did it feel? :lol:

Here's hoping for high, credible buyers, Cap! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, the bike is up to $5500 right now. One guy e-mailed me and said he'd give me $7100. However, he says that his bank will send payment directly to my bank upon inspection by him and an approval phone call from him. However, he says that he would like to do this over the 4 day weekend. How exactly will this happen if the banks are closed Sat, Sun and Mon? I told him that he will have to come here tomorrow, otherwise I can't verify that I've received payment.

Does this sound right to you guys? We've e-mailed several times, but I'm not sure this would work with an EFT over the holiday weekend.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Well, the bike is up to $5500 right now. One guy e-mailed me and said he'd give me $7100. However, he says that his bank will send payment directly to my bank upon inspection by him and an approval phone call from him. However, he says that he would like to do this over the 4 day weekend. How exactly will this happen if the banks are closed Sat, Sun and Mon? I told him that he will have to come here tomorrow, otherwise I can't verify that I've received payment.

Does this sound right to you guys? We've e-mailed several times, but I'm not sure this would work with an EFT over the holiday weekend.
I wouldn't trust this....The banks will not be open this weekend. Watch the scamist people on ebay Capt! This happends all the time. Tell him you want a certified check, or bankers cashier check upon delivery.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DLITALIEN said:
Just bid on the gear indicator. What you think the shipping will cost to 89031?
I have it listed as flat shipping cost of $8, anywhere in US.

SVupON1 said:
I wouldn't trust this....The banks will not be open this weekend. Watch the scamist people on ebay Capt! This happends all the time. Tell him you want a certified check, or bankers cashier check upon delivery.
I've spoken to him again. His bank will have to send him a packet and the deal would not be able to close until some time next week. He'll be coming in this weekend to check out the bike and then he'll come in to pick up the bike after I get the title from Yamaha credit and he'll bring the money with him then or do an EFT prior to getting the bike. It's all good, but I was a bit worried at first.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts