Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just posting in here and remembering the good times racing, i also remember some funny things that happened...

1. a friend of mine was so cheap he cut up a tire to use it as skid pads on his knee using ducttape to hold it on...i was behind him going into the turn 1 at old loudon (fast 100mph turn) and as soon as his knee hit the pavement, smoke sarted billowing out of his knee pad, it looked like smoke from a bike doing a burnout...I was laughing so hard i almost went straight off the track...when we got into the pits after practice, he said when his knee hit the ground, it didnt slide and almost pulled him off the bike :lol:

2...we use to use baby powder on our seats to help us slide around on the bike with the leathers on a hot day...well i got the bright idea to use amorall on the seat.. :crazy: ...well the first turn that i had to lean off the bike, i ended up falling off the seat and the bike, i just hooked my leg on the bike and was dragged around the turn, literally, i managed to hang on and climb back on the bike.....guys that i knew that were behind me didnt know what the hell happened....moral of story, dont use amorall on the seat..... :screwy:

theres more, thats all for now :cheers:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
:lol: Good stories!! Haha, I learned the armorall lesson too... nearly fell off my 80' suzuki because of it, and it took a long time before that seat started to feel sticky again :)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Mental note... :bonk: Never user Armorall on the Seat... and ride... and use real knee sliders....:doh:
Hind sight... is a *****
:lols:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
note dont use armoral on any part of the bike. althought if you want a good clean of the seat they do make stuff to clean jeep tops and convertable tops that i dont think leaves a slick seat.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zx636r said:
note dont use armoral on any part of the bike. althought if you want a good clean of the seat they do make stuff to clean jeep tops and convertable tops that i dont think leaves a slick seat.
sure, now he tells me :disapp:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Number 1 sounds funny as hell. Would have like to see some pics of that one. :lol:

·
Registered
893 Posts
'00, Nelson Ledges ... A friends of ours is winning the 750 SuperStock race by a mile ... decides he's going to pull a victory wheelie as he crosses the line (Which, they frown on, but generally don't do anything about).

It all started to go egg-shaped about 50 yards from the finish ... he actualy loops the thing ... he and the bike end up sliding down the front stretch and across the line. Now, the rule book says you have to cross the line on your bike to be scored. So .... he lost the race (and the contingency money), got fined $50 by WERA, and got his a$$ chewed out by the race director.

We nicknamed him 'Flipper' that day ... it's stuck ever since (much to his chagrin).

- Roach

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SpeedWerks.com said:
'00, Nelson Ledges ... A friends of ours is winning the 750 SuperStock race by a mile ... decides he's going to pull a victory wheelie as he crosses the line (Which, they frown on, but generally don't do anything about).

It all started to go egg-shaped about 50 yards from the finish ... he actualy loops the thing ... he and the bike end up sliding down the front stretch and across the line. Now, the rule book says you have to cross the line on your bike to be scored. So .... he lost the race (and the contingency money), got fined $50 by WERA, and got his a$$ chewed out by the race director.

We nicknamed him 'Flipper' that day ... it's stuck ever since (much to his chagrin).

- Roach
:lol: flipper :lol:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Once I took my friends to race school and this guy forgot to put gas in his bike. He wanted to start tearing the bike down right there @ the track because he thought the motor was wasted. He was having a fit and then one of the guys checks his tank and says" Dude you need to put gas in it" Funny huh?

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Low said:
Mental note... :bonk: Never user Armorall on the Seat... and ride... and use real knee sliders....:doh:
Hind sight... is a *****
:lols:
ha ha i did that on my dirt bike i slipped right off the minute i hit this rut i tried to level out (ended up popin a short wheelie and sliped right off

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
twisty said:
Once I took my friends to race school and this guy forgot to put gas in his bike. He wanted to start tearing the bike down right there @ the track because he thought the motor was wasted. He was having a fit and then one of the guys checks his tank and says" Dude you need to put gas in it" Funny huh?
That was either Gas Man or MP, right?

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I knew a guy that thought race takeoffs where the S$!tz. Took some blue tires to a track day, got so many marbles he couldn't hardly keep it rubber side down. :here:

Oh Wait a minute, that was me! :bash: LIVE AND LEARN!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
twisty said:
hehe, gas.......one day in a novice race 3 laps into the race i was in the top 5 and all of a sudden the bike started spitting and stalling...im like WTF...now the bike dies before going into turn 4....

I put my hand up to signal a problem....you dont know how scary it is to have 30 or so bikes flying past you when your going only 20 mph rolling along :cry: ..turned out i forgot to put gas in and ran out of gas after 3 freaken laps...... :bonk:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts