Two Wheel Forums banner

Gassing your ride

3K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
I usually pull up and stay on the bike. It's probably not a good idea since any spilled gas on the engine would result in a fire with me attached. To me, it's just easier.

How do you gas your ride?

#2 ·
It's easier to just get off the bike for me, since I normally go inside to get some gum, or a drink anyways, and trying to get my wallet of my back pocket or back pack is too much of a pain sitting on the bike....but you can squeeze a few more drops in if the bike is standing up when your on it.

#12 ·
Gassing the ride...

I always dismount to refuel, as I usually have been riding for a long enough time to need to stretch my legs. Also, I have to get off to get my walet out from under the seat, because normally I don't ride with my back pack on. Even when I am riding with my backpack, I step off the bike so I can drop my B/P off to get to my wallet. The other reason I always get off the bike, is because if you should pull up into a puddle where some moron spilled gas, it makes for one very slick spot !

Steve.

#13 ·
01Katana said:
The other reason I always get off the bike, is because if you should pull up into a puddle where some moron spilled gas, it makes for one very slick spot !

Steve.
around here, its like that at every pump, cagers sit there and pump every last bit of gas they can,all the while its running down the side of the car while they rock their car back n forth.. ..insert WTF smilie here.

#20 ·
ShanMan14 said:
I'm still trying to figure this one out... :eek:
Sorry, thought it was pretty simple. To be cool these days you have to be uncool; raggedy old clothes, messed up hair, a gothic view of the world, always morose and bringing people down.

(ok, it was from a South Park episode where they were making fun of Kurt Loder: "Man am I old, I must be 40 years older then anyone here" Voice-over=Kurt didn't just say that, oh wait, yes he did, because he's so old it's cool, unless you don't think he's cool, cuz we're MTv where being uncool is cool)

#21 ·
I usually pick a dimly lit pump close to an exit. Hell yes I stay on the bike - how else can you gas and go? Here is my order of things:

1. Lock up the back brake past the pump
2. Back up
3. Grab the nozzle and shove it in the tank
4. Fill it until I can see gas (sometimes a lighter is required when it is dark)
5. Leave the pump going (that is so they don't know you just stole gas) and throw it on the ground (try not to throw it at a cop car)
6. Do a burnout in the spilled gas and take off like a bat out of hell flipping the bird to the unsuspecting attendant and the closed circuit camera

But remember - driveoffs don't drive in Michigan.. lol..

Oh and remember to turn the vehicle off when refilling or end up like this guy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.