Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever heard of putting your gear in the oven on a low setting before riding in the cold? Seems like it would only work for a little while, then you're cold again?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
couldn't that adversely affect its quality and durability over time of repeated baking.. :confused:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't be any worse than leaving the stuff in your car in Phoenix; which I have done on several occasions.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Can't be any worse than leaving the stuff in your car in Phoenix; which I have done on several occasions.
same thing i guess huh

·
Registered
349 Posts
This idea reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. All you Seinfeld fans out there know what i'm talking about

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
NO, wouldn't do that...then you're dealing with a even larger change in temp and that will make the lower temp feel even colder...

I know, I work outside and once you get outside and get use to it, it isn't all that bad!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Gas Man said:
NO, wouldn't do that...then you're dealing with a even larger change in temp and that will make the lower temp feel even colder...

I know, I work outside and once you get outside and get use to it, it isn't all that bad!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the wise one has spoken. All praise the outdoor working GAS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well, I was just going with the flow...and wanted to make sure people didn't think I was talkin out my arse...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
Well, I was just going with the flow...and wanted to make sure people didn't think I was talkin out my arse...
no , we'd never think that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't seem like a good idea to me either. Like Matt said, you'd think it would eventually just dry it out, or break down the safety-ness of it. Such extreme temperatures like that aren't good for many materials. Don't think I'd chance it with the gear. :eek:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Good Point....and this comes from a chick!!! :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sorry, but iff anyone considers putting their gear in the oven to help keep them warm while riding, then it's just too damn cold to ride, or they need to buy different gear. :screwy:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
WOW, isn't this thread going down hill fast!!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
carlmorrell said:
I reall enjoy being baked while I ride :wink:

Baked as in 425 degree like making some cookies or baked as in you will be making those cookies afterwords. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Baked as in 425 degree like making some cookies or baked as in you will be making those cookies afterwords. :D

neither probably!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Baked as in, "dain bramage". I mean "main dramage". Err I really mean "bain mamage" .

You think my speech impediment is from smelling too much 108 octane? Or is it from decades of substance abuse?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts