digital gear indicator for a r1~ :here: OFF the NET :here: http://www.performanceautogroup.net...Csid=341625190e78e282c70e3d70f4ee7b3d&x=4&y=9
1. Remove tank, windscreen and right side middle fairing
2. Locate the speedo sense wire (white/yellow)at the right side wire loom.
3. Splice (solder or wire snap) an extension wire to the speedo wire. Make extension wire about 3' long. You will cut it later.
4. Route the extension wire (I used a yellow wire) up along the front wire loom on the right side. Route the wire up in between the headlights.
5. Find a suitable place to install the Gear Indicator so that the display can be read and so that the clip-ons do not interfer with the indicator. I mounted mine to the left side of the display.
6. Crimp-on a 22 gauge eyelet to the Digi black ground wire and install in the ground location on the fairing brace.
7. Solder the green Digi speedo to your extension wire from the speedo sense line. Be sure to install heat shrink first or tape off after soldering.
8. Remove the connector plug that goes into the back of the display.
9. From here you have 2 options A. you can pop out the necessary contacts and solder your connections or B. leave the contacts in and strip back the wire insulation approx 1-2" from the connector. I popped out the contacts and soldered the Digi wires directly to the contacts and re-installed.
10. Solder the Digi yellow wire to the Yellow/Black wire in the connector.
11. Solder the Digi blue wire to the Light Blue/White wire in the connector.
12. Solder the Digi red wire to the Light Brown wire in the connector.
13. The orange wire is not connected and is used for programming the Digi.
14. Wire connections are now complete. I installed a intermediate male/female connector so that the Digi could be removed easily if I wanted.
15. Reinstall the connector into the display.
16. Reinstall items in #1
17. You now need to program the Digi. Turn the key to On position.
18. Ground Digi orange wire. Hold to ground for approx 1 min until the display flashes.
19. Remove and again touch ground. Each time the Digi will flash the next gear. Do this until 6 is acheived on the Digi display.
20. Tape up orange wire and secure .
21. Put bike on stand and put kickstand up.
22. Be sure bike is in neutral.
23. Start bike
24. Proceed to put into 1st gear and release clutch. Digi will blink "1" Rev the bike up to approx 2000 rpms so that the "1" will blink fast and the display will switch to "2" .
25. Shift into 2nd gear briefly pausing in neutral and do the same again.
26. Go through the gears and do the same until you get up to 6th gear. Once 6th is complete the Digi display will cycle.
27. Programming is complete. Enjoy!