Two Wheel Forums banner

got lots a stuff

2K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
im set:

i have a moose jacket and a good helmet and a good set of gloves and a good pair of boots (i still ride in jeans but that will change soon)

i got a 170 rear SPORT TEC M1

#3 ·
when i get it home should i sand it down a lil bit???

#5 ·
zx636r said:
i ride in jeans. which i know is bad but thats the way it is for now.
and nice stuff bull
i agree but some of the people here wear FULL protection

#6 ·
i agree with full protection 100% but i just like wearing jeans. someday i will get actual pants.

you could scuff up the rear tire a little bit, it wont hurt at all, but if you driving it home be carful, it is new. i had to drive mine home the day i bought it and it started to drizzle going down the highway and i was like o shiot im screwed but luckly i got it home ok.

#7 ·
zx636r said:
i agree with full protection 100% but i just like wearing jeans. someday i will get actual pants.

you could scuff up the rear tire a little bit, it wont hurt at all, but if you driving it home be carful, it is new. i had to drive mine home the day i bought it and it started to drizzle going down the highway and i was like o shiot im screwed but luckly i got it home ok.
yeah i will be going easy home!!!

#10 ·
if anythign try a scuff pad. but either way still be easy on them for the first 50-100 miles. your ride home will wear the center pretty good i would only scuff up the edges. actually i would probably jsut get them nice and hot and sticky and lean it over.

#11 ·
im not sanding it i am just leanin it when it warm and i cant tell that much diff. but it is a lil slipery

i has to get the 170 instead of 160 and i can tell it is harder to stop

#13 ·
bulldog said:
im not sanding it i am just leanin it when it warm and i cant tell that much diff. but it is a lil slipery

i has to get the 170 instead of 160 and i can tell it is harder to stop
It shouldn't be harder...it should be easier!

Also, what became of the fix o flat?????

#15 ·
well it must have not been to bad because the guy was cool and dident charge me extra or even mention it??!

also it is not easier it is very easy to tel that it is harder to slow with the bigger tire i dident think i would notice it!!??? also it might just be because it is new but the tire lockes up way to easy i dont even really use the back at all now unless i have to

#16 ·
Yeah, it must be because it's new because a larger sized tire... would mean a large touch patch and therefor easier braking.

Remember to keep it cool for about a week or two.. depending on how many miles you get it...

#17 ·
Gas Man said:
Yeah, it must be because it's new because a larger sized tire... would mean a large touch patch and therefor easier braking.

Remember to keep it cool for about a week or two.. depending on how many miles you get it...
well after riding more today it isent slipery at all i got really leaned over on a courner by my house...drug the right peg a lil...well at least my toe :lol:

#19 ·
Gas Man said:
you shouldn't be draggin toe... get your feet ON the pegs... it will help you flick the bike easier...
well it is like my judjment on how far i am leaning i barley touch the ground with it then i pull it up...i guess when i get a suit i can just use the knee lol

#21 ·
would i even be able to drag a knee my pegs hit way b/4 my knee is even close to the ground

#23 ·
great answer

#25 ·
jeeps84 said:
Safest and smartest way! :wink:
:lol: you sure do like the :wink: dont you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.