Two Wheel Forums banner

Got the PSP on Friday!

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  JayMax 
#1 ·
Damn, this thing is basass!! I bought MVP Baseball and the movie Hero. The screen is amazing and the speakers even sound good. it comes with a nice pouch, ear phones (w/ an additional extention you can plug in which has a remote to control volume, play/pause, and tracks), A battery charger and a strap so if you get mad at a game it won't fall to the ground if you decide to throw it. It's got a USB so you can download MP3's, photo's and even video's to a memory card, which is also compatible with all Sony cards as long as they are Memory Card duo's. You can also play a heads up game with someone else on another PSP via the infared system. Games and movies are pretty much the same prices and they are making audio CD's for them now. I think it's got auilt n memory so you can save games to that rather than use up space on the card. If you're watching a DVD you can stop it in the middle of it, take it out and play a game or something then put it back in and it will start right where you left off. All for 249 bucks. Not too bad. it can also be used as a remote for the PS3 when it comes out.

#12 ·
I won't be mobile at all so i'll be able to charge it frequently. I'm sure I'll be online talking to you guys from there. You guys will keep me sane in my boredom. The job is pretty easy, it's just the environment that's not so nice.

#13 ·
Not trying to jack the thread but it is yours...

What do you do for our country? Do you wax the missles that go into their a$*e$ and go boom? Or do you just work in the galley? What's the dilly?

#15 ·
Basically I assemble, inspect, and store all types of conventional munitions ranging from 5.56mm bullets all the way up to 2000 pound smart bombs and missiles. Anything that's not nuclear and goes on a jet that blows up, we build. It's not the job I wanted and it sucks because it's real hard to get a civilian job with my experience. I wanted to be a jet engine mechanic but my recruiter fuked me. But the people are real cool. I've made some great friendships in the A.F.

#16 ·
We all appreciate....

The support we get from our fellow americans, but it is not really appropriate for anyone to ask what our jobs are, especially if we choose to make it public that we are going somewhere. Not to flame anybody, but if he wishes to give you an answer, it should probably be done privately. These are dangerous times we live in.

:pat:
Steve.

#17 ·
DLITALIEN said:
Basically I assemble, inspect, and store all types of conventional munitions ranging from 5.56mm bullets all the way up to 2000 pound smart bombs and missiles. Anything that's not nuclear and goes on a jet that blows up, we build. It's not the job I wanted and it sucks because it's real hard to get a civilian job with my experience. I wanted to be a jet engine mechanic but my recruiter fuked me. But the people are real cool. I've made some great friendships in the A.F.
that blows DL...I have had recruiters blow smoke up my @ss before when I was getting out of HS...I told them to F off and leave me alone. They tell you one thing but it all depends on your asvab test scores, but by that time your already the military's @ss when you get the test results.

#18 ·
DLITALIEN said:
Yea Ive been wanting a PSP, but im just gonna wait until the PS3 or XBOX360 come out and see the differences then.

Good luck buddy! Wish we coulda hung out in Vegas when I was there, but I was pretty drunk :buds:, I didnt really have a snese of time or location other than I was in Vegas and on vacation.

God bless and thanks for doing what you do! :pat:

#19 ·
Well I'm :sorry: you didn't get the job you wanted in the AF but I'm really glad you are doing it. I told you when you first started posting here that I really appreciate what you guys do! :pat:

#22 ·
Yeah, the PSP is badass. If you're looking for games, I really recommend Lumines. It's a Tetris looking game based partially on music, and is very addictive. If you don't believe, try and find a copy. In some places it's one of the best selling PSP games. I also recommend Ridge Racer & Wipeout Pure, while friends love Tony Hawk. If you want some fun sports to kill short bits of time, EA's street series is cool. I preferred NBA Street over NFL, but both were fun. Stay away from Need for Speed. I also recommend hitting up an Electronics Boutique/Gamestop or a Blockbuster with a Game Rush. Games have been out long enough you can grab a few of those for a few bucks off.

There's no real internal memory. The PSP came with a measly 32MB memory stick that is only good for game saves and a few mp3s. If you can, swing a 512MB or even a 1 GB stick, it's worth it. I have half dozen music videos, movie trailers, an episode of Samurai Champaloo anime, some Dave Chappelle skits, music, pictures of my bike, some ladies, ... you get the idea. You can put quite a bit on the PSP. With a gig stick I could put a few movies on as well as all that.

Take a look around the net, or PM, you'll find that the PSP really is more badass than you think. Already you know about it being a remote for the PS3, but did you know that the Xbox 360 recognizes the PSP as well, and can access it's media.

Also remember to download the US internet browser this friday ( the 12th ), so you can finally surf the wireless web with the PSP as well. :dthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.